The stupid questions thread.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
No, the 10spd SRAM uses the Shimano splined freehub body as far as I'm aware. They produced the XD body specifically for the 11spd release and it didn't get retrofitted.
Yeah, I thought that was the issue. Just wanted to check.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
With a decent mallet you could probably friction fit the lowest cluster.
Hmmmm tempting. I've got a wheel for sale that's XD but the fella wants to run a 10sp Shimano derailleur and I was trying to see if it could be done without a new driver.

safreek

Well they aren't a disease...

@safreek perhaps some dietary changes that include foods with anti-inflammatory properties. Best ask the hippies though as it could all just witch doctor bro science...chia seeds and fish from memory are perhaps helpful, bro.
So you recon the eating of hippies is a good idea ?
I still feel your last recommendations with the box of soodies

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Can you run a 10sp SRAM cassette on a 11sp XD free hub?
No, XD is specifically for the 10T sprocket found on SRAM 11 & 12-sp. cassettes. Any cassette which tops out at 11T (which includes all 10-sp. & less, Shimano 11-sp. and the odd SRAM 11-sp.) will not fit.
And can you run a shimano 10sp derailleur/shifter on a 10sp sram cassette? I know you can interchange cassettes and chains.
Yes. Shimano & SRAM use the same spacings across all their cassettes, so as long as your shifter & derailleur are a correct match, either brand chain & cassette will work (matching of course the number of gears in the cassette & shifter - strangely enough there are people who can't get that bit right...).

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Questions about these 2 indoor trainers - asking for a friend...

Actually going to buy one for my papa who doesn’t find time to get out and ride anymore.

What I want, is a trainer that he can throw his road bike on, and is compatible with Zwift and has the sensors (ANT+ ?) that can send data to Zwift.

These two on Gumtree seem reasonably priced. Does one of them tick my boxes or do they both just give me an itchy box?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pag...et-black-whisperdrive-bike-trainer/1176612088

Or

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mag...sories/elite-turbo-muin-trainer-ii/1185069840

Both a reviewed above average, so not concerned about that, just wanting the easiest option for connecting to Zwift.

Arigato!

safreek

Not really a silly question, but, is it possible to fit a more modern rear shockie to one of these old specialized bikes. Working out whether I should buy this for an every day rider but without the bouncy problem. It is cheap but by god those rear shocks.
Sweet looking x very even if of the cheaper version

$_20 (3).PNG

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Your right, was just hoping someone would confirm it as a genius idea.
Should probably put the 70 towards getting the stinky up and running
...another frustrating build. The pain of so many changed standards! But the stitching ky will be an easier build.