The stupid questions thread.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
^ I've actually found that if that tensioner comes loose the crank can develop a little play. This may depend on what/how you are riding. I was just riding to the shops...

You can buy aluminium replacements from token for about $10 if you want peace of mind.
This is curious because the pinch bolts will prevent movement more than a piece of plastic. Weird. Was it in this universe that happened?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
^ I've actually found that if that tensioner comes loose the crank can develop a little play. This may depend on what/how you are riding. I was just riding to the shops...

You can buy aluminium replacements from token for about $10 if you want peace of mind.
Good to know. Not an option for the dawn patrol tomorrow but will get one for next time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is curious because the pinch bolts will prevent movement more than a piece of plastic. Weird. Was it in this universe that happened?
I was well miffed by it, because as everyone says - the pinch bolts are where the holding power is. In this instance the pinch bolts weren't loose either...as it is well known I don't ride in am aggressive manner and am generally considered a light weight by those that have seen me in the flesh and are familiar with my "the body is a temple" approach to life. I put it down to there being too long of a time and too many hucks between tool touchings.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Fork seal service, the air side won't bucge, I am almost ready to use a sledge hammer on the lower bolt to break it. Damper side came off easily. Any special tricks?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I set a friend's dh 27.5x2.5 minion tyres up tubeless a while ago. We followed the instructions and it all went really well. He had Stan's jizz in a litre and we didn't need anywhere near that much.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sooo, is this really enough sealant to do a 2.3-5 tyre or are they being optimistic. 2 ounce bottle, cheers
View attachment 351574
You'll need to top it up usually every 3 months as it dries out and you can lose a bit when you get punctures also. I usually buy it in the 1 litre bottles as I have two bikes that are tubeless and that last me a year with a few tyre changes. Welcome to another diminishing return MTB product :).