The stupid questions thread.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
"If this stuff works, Stans can suck my dick.

50m of tape for less than $5! "

Yeah I think Mr Stan did very nicely from the sales of fluid and tape until we woke up..

slowmick

38-39"
I've got a High Roller II I can't get to bead evenly. I lathered it up in soapy water but the section of tyre opposite the valve just seems to sink into the rim when i inflate it. The section is probably 6 inches long and when the tyre is pumped up hard it gives a pulsing sensation like it is well out of round. Any suggestions appreciated. Not the end of the world just a weird feeling at speed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How hard have you pumped it up?

I used to have a similar issue with the schwalbe crazy bob. Running up at 65 or so psi around town and the micro wobbles were very noticeable. My solution was to have the tyre around 30-40psi, where there was a bit of flex in it but also plenty of pushing power. Take the wheel off the bike and stand with the wheel parallel to my shoulders resting is so the stuck part was facing away from me and at 6 o'clock. Then place a foot on the back side of the tyre, hands at 2 and 10, lean the wheel over the offender, and push the tyre to roll it back under my foot. Give this a bit of a bounce until it was pulled out onto the rim.

It didn't always work and I may not have described it well, but it worked most of the time.

stirk

Burner
Sounds like the bead is not seating at that point if it's being pulled down into the rim. Have you inflated with a tube first and left for a day first and does the same thing happen? Might help seat the bead when tubeless.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Who’s the bigger fuxkwit?

Me, walking out of the shopping centre, still 10m from the motor vehicle zone, white chocolate in hand (don’t judge, it’s been a long few weeks) to be almost run over by the same ebike fuxckwit as last night.

Now this particular chap races about on the footpath, with a throttle controlled fat ebike, no helmet, vertical torso position. You can stereotype this ebike rider till the cows come home.

I sense the universe is sending me a message

Don't eat white chocolate?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Can you bleed Formula Cura with Shimano mineral oil? The Cura uses mineral oil, but the oil cost more than shimano, plus I already have shimano oil at home and syringe from SRAM brakes that somehow fit the Cura bleed port - I think!

I've googled, and many said yes, but some said not really because the brakes won't feel the same due to differing viscosity and/or mixture between shimano and formula oil.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Can you bleed Formula Cura with Shimano mineral oil? The Cura uses mineral oil, but the oil cost more than shimano, plus I already have shimano oil at home and syringe from SRAM brakes that somehow fit the Cura bleed port - I think!

I've googled, and many said yes, but some said not really because the brakes won't feel the same due to differing viscosity and/or mixture between shimano and formula oil.
Yes. I can't remember where but there was a comparison of the different mineral oils and the Magura was shit, Shimano was very good, Redline like water was the best. Everything else fell somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes. I can't remember where but there was a comparison of the different mineral oils and the Magura was shit, Shimano was very good, Redline like water was the best. Everything else fell somewhere in between.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You forgot baby oil...best bang for buck right there! I'm not sure how it would go for epic descents, but it was great around town and for plenty of short trail rides.

indica

Serial flasher
“I urge all Catholics to rally against this proposed law and, at the same time, recommit ourselves to reaching out with prayer and practical support for women in crisis,” Sydney Archbishop Anthony Fisher said on Monday.
Christian organisation FamilyVoice Australia today urged MPs to vote against the bill and “exert proper parliamentary scrutiny on a bill of extreme significance to human life and worth”.

POLE SMOKERS