The stupid questions thread.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Upgraded forks from 34's to 36's. 34's are post mount 160mm, 36's are post mount 180mm. Where do I get bolts that fit now that no adapter for 180mm rotors is needed? It looks like M6 x 10-12mm?

Petero

Likes Dirt
You mean a LBS? Like one of those physical, real shops that stock bike stuff?

Nah but srs, do brake caliper mounting bolts need to be brake caliper bolts or just the right size any bolt?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I think they're typically M5 x 16mm(ish) from memory. Can check when I get home if needed.

safreek

Hey guys, double questions, as you all know by now I have a sweet yeti frame but the top of the headset has a 1 1/8 converter on it, would all I need to take it back to 1.5 be a new split ring and top cover

Also it has a hope (I is flash ay) bb, I put a gxp axle through it and it fit like a glove but even when tightened there was a bit of play, I am guessing that I would need a spacer of some kind to turn it to 68mm, cheers

moorey

call me Mia
Hey guys, double questions, as you all know by now I have a sweet yeti frame but the top of the headset has a 1 1/8 converter on it, would all I need to take it back to 1.5 be a new split ring and top cover View attachment 355065
Also it has a hope (I is flash ay) bb, I put a gxp axle through it and it fit like a glove but even when tightened there was a bit of play, I am guessing that I would need a spacer of some kind to turn it to 68mm, cheers
Hmm. I have @Plankosaurus glory with a 1.5 top cup and need a 1/8. What the top cup diameter on yours?

safreek

Hmm. I have @Plankosaurus glory with a 1.5 top cup and need a 1/8. What the top cup diameter on yours?
Buggered if I know, seems to have a normal 1.5 cartridge bearing, the mighty totem seems to fit straight through, the split ring and top part of it is all 1 1/8. I guess that is all there is to the converter, not sure though as I'm not used to these new fangled cartridge bearing. If it's any use to you you can have it