The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My current bill is $213, so I doubt I'm going to get much back in a hurry...see average daily usage below. Maybe I'm reading the bill wrong? My current hot water unit is off peak electric and probably about 10-13 years old (house is fairly new). When that dies I'll probably be going for on demand gas. Gas bill is currently $58. I'd like to work out some practical ways to get that electricity down a bit, but short of turning the fridge off I'm stumped. I guess I could do the garage door manually and shit in the dark?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Huh?

The irony, I’m asking for an examination via a smart phone worth 3-4 times the cheapest door opener are Bunnings.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Seeing a lot of adds about the governement giving rebates to install solar...am I wasting my time/cash/resources? Should I do it? Should I not? Ahhhhh! I'm sure my electricity bill is already very low, so probably more about saving the planet than saving money.
depends what part of country u live in, our summer bill in vic is now 240 a quarter (just what we are charged for being connected) our winter quarter bill is 750ish, with next to no electric heating, so we save about 800 a yr, cost us 3K, we are prob even after 4vyrs, savings to kick in thereafter

mark22

Likes Dirt
December 2016 I had $13000 put on the roof. Panels and HWS. Bill WAS $600 a quarter. Bill now between $160 and $350. Still owe $9312 for ROI.
That's a lot of dosh I'm guessing a fair whack of it went on the solar HWS which in my imho are not worth it. A heat pump unit is much better value especially since their not much dearer than a storage unit after the energy certificates rebate. The Bosch units are programmable, so you can have them come on during the warmest part of the day for efficient power use. I really dislike those instant gas ones, to much draw off and are dear as hell to run if you are on LPG. Great for a holiday house/unit though.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Yep. Quick google has Rheem Heat pump @ $3800 + $400 running costs a year.... not heaps cheaper than the SolarHart e put on.
You are not factoring in the energy certificates, I speak from experience having had 2 of em last Bosch was well under $2000, and installation costs running the same as any storage unit.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
wanting to know if someone knows where i can order a synchros dropper cable clamp, for the post t end, i think they are same model as tranzx but cannot b 10o%, i need the same for ks lev also

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
wanting to know if someone knows where i can order a synchros dropper cable clamp, for the post t end, i think they are same model as tranzx but cannot b 10o%, i need the same for ks lev also
Are you referring to the barrel nut / cable clamp thing for the KS? If so, you could try the BikeYoke one from mtb direct. They’re cheaper from Germany but unless you’re spending up big, delivery costs will be prohibitive. Not sure about the synchros one, it looks a bit fatter than the KS.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
They go by the name of " cable nipples ".Mine were 5 or 6 mm ext diameter fiddly bastards they are.
The best I could do was get some motorbike ones from France on ebay.https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-ADJUSTABLE-CABLE-BARREL-CLAMP-ADJUSTER-BIKE-MOTORCYCLE-LAWN-MOWER-NEW/122328361011?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649