The stupid questions thread.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I remember having a laugh at the local rag a year or so ago. One of those ‘police watch’ summaries for the month sections that say, you know, a house was broken in to on XXX St on a certain day etc.

Anyway, one of the little snippets was that (quote unquote) ”a man had found unexplored WW2 ordinance of some nature at Bunyaville conservation area and brought it in to the Albany Creek police station for inspection .... the police kindly request that, if you find such devices, please do not bring them to the police station.”

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Should I put an ISCG adapter on my bike so I can use the Blackspire C4 back plate and roller that I have, or should I just get another chain guide?

I see simple rollers being used now, and the Blackspire seems heavily over-engineered (and heavy) in comparison. Am I reading this right?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Modern designs are much simpler and lighter than old designs. Be wise though at purchase as many are designed to be used with a clutched derailleur.

You will need to mount the guide somehow. Many frames have iscg old/05 tabs. If not, then a BB mounted system will be needed. Is this what you're asking about? Or are you about to begin welding?

Folks - thanks for the info on Singapore. I arrived quite early in the morning and needed to be back at the airport by 1230, so it was a bit of a rush. Customs was very easy both in and out. I spent a lot of time at the Singapore national gallery, ate a sensational curry somewhere and drank some pretty average coffee. drank a Singapore sling. Oh and I sat in bird shit in a park. The place was really humid too. Anyway it all left me with a other question, how do I get up to that big cruise ship!!!!?????!!!!??? So thankz for the help along the way.

FigBo0T

Thanks, mate, you're on point. I've never done any real welding, and I'm not about to destroy a bike frame trying. I spent some time googling today, and by far my cheapest option is to get a bb mounted adapter, and use what I have. It's not as heavy as I thought after removing it. (and not finding any simple or reasonably priced alternatives.) The K.I.S.S principle is usually the best option for me.

How'd you go with the Juicy Fruit? Move much?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Modern designs are much simpler and lighter than old designs. Be wise though at purchase as many are designed to be used with a clutched derailleur.

You will need to mount the guide somehow. Many frames have iscg old/05 tabs. If not, then a BB mounted system will be needed. Is this what you're asking about? Or are you about to begin welding?

Folks - thanks for the info on Singapore. I arrived quite early in the morning and needed to be back at the airport by 1230, so it was a bit of a rush. Customs was very easy both in and out. I spent a lot of time at the Singapore national gallery, ate a sensational curry somewhere and drank some pretty average coffee. drank a Singapore sling. Oh and I sat in bird shit in a park. The place was really humid too. Anyway it all left me with a other question, how do I get up to that big cruise ship!!!!?????!!!!??? So thankz for the help along the way.
Early morning is hard in all the Asian countries, but sounds like you managed stuff!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Early morning is hard in all the Asian countries, but sounds like you managed stuff!
I did manage stuff...I did a huge dump at the airport and found myself wondering how is it that toto supply toilets all over the world, but the ones at changi have the weakest least useful bidet function I've experienced? Why not give the bum blasting super power they have in Japan to everyone?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Do I put carb drink in the Camelback and water in the bottles or water in the Camelback and carb drink in the bottles?

FigBo0T

What does this mean? The knob seems to be one piece. I've only turned it by hand so far. Do I need a special tool?