The stupid questions thread.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Upon seeing this photo of a South Korean persons ski suit being worn to fend off Coronavirus 2019-nCov, i straight away though of bikers wearing DH helmets in public.

Poodle, surely you can get us a photo from on the Tokyo underground wearing your TLD helmet

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Japanese commuters have worn masks for a long long time, since the early Edo period when the subway was largely horse drawn conveyances. The masks were mostly to filter out the obnoxious effluvium from horse farts.

The masks and attitude of those wearing masks will be sufficient deterrent for any airboene virus.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Japanese commuters have worn masks for a long long time, since the early Edo period when the subway was largely horse drawn conveyances. The masks were mostly to filter out the obnoxious effluvium from horse farts.

The masks and attitude of those wearing masks will be sufficient deterrent for any airboene virus.
Thank god! I should be ok if I keep my mask zipper closed then you're saying??!!

Attachments

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thank god! I should be ok if I keep my mask zipper closed then you're saying??!!
Without the ball gag should be ok. Pretty sure there was a survey a while back which debunked the usefulness of basic masks against virus infections. Or not.

stirk

Burner
Without the ball gag should be ok. Pretty sure there was a survey a while back which debunked the usefulness of basic masks against virus infections. Or not.
The loose fitting ones most people have offer some protection from large particles sprayed at you by a sneezer. Airborne particals can get around the sides though. They also likely help sick people from spreading disease.

Hazmat suit for the win.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
If I were to buy this, could I use a cog from my cassette to swap with the 16T it comes with?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If I were to buy this, could I use a cog from my cassette to swap with the 16T it comes with?

View attachment 359708View attachment 359709
Depends on your cassette. A lot of older 8 speeds could be dismantled, but not so much with newer stuff.

Also much better if you use a proper single speed cog. Unless you have a steel freehub, the cog will eat into the freehub, and the teeth on a cassette cog are shorter and ramped so won't hold a chain as well.

And I've found the spring loaded tensioners far more reliable than static ones. Could just be me, but I've found the static ones just don't hold the tension right and can loosen off where springy ones adjust themselves.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk