The stupid questions thread.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I get them at my place every now and then ripping into the local ringtail population.
Nice, we have tawny frogmouths that appear in the park nearby when it gets cooler. Mrs has a thing for feathers and away on the lookout. We have collected a few cool ones at times. I had to jump into the Entrance river once to pick up pelican feathers :/

I don't know what these ones are from but likely a kestrel or something similar. They have a nest where I ride near home.
DSC_3054.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's owls near my place. I've tried to photograph them, but they are shy. Not a bird I'd have expected to see in the city.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice, we have tawny frogmouths that appear in the park nearby when it gets cooler. Mrs has a thing for feathers and away on the lookout. We have collected a few cool ones at times. I had to jump into the Entrance river once to pick up pelican feathers :/

I don't know what these ones are from but likely a kestrel or something similar. They have a nest where I ride near home. View attachment 360601
Did you know it’s illegal to collect feather from a bird of prey? Even shedded ones.
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/bureaucratic-bungholes.311608/

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be an increasing number of doggy bags being left on the shared trails I ride a lot in Melbs. What I don’t understand is why someone would go to the trouble of picking up after their dog, wrapping it in a plastic bag and then dumping it trail side. If you’re not gonna actually clean up after Fido why go through the messy bit?

Jpez

Down on the left!
There seems to be an increasing number of doggy bags being left on the shared trails I ride a lot in Melbs. What I don’t understand is why someone would go to the trouble of picking up after their dog, wrapping it in a plastic bag and then dumping it trail side. If you’re not gonna actually clean up after Fido why go through the messy bit?
So when their beloved pooch is dragging their ass doing poo on the shared paths it looks like they are upstanding responsible dog owners by scooping that cable up.
When in reality they are chunts and piff that warm steaming baggie at the first opportunity.
That’s my theory anyway...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's shit. Many bins in the area?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
got a giant contact switch dropper i was going to throw on the HT, the only remote i have lying around is a ks, both post & remote are supposed to have cable barrel, all good if i run cable thru a little cable barrel tightener & put some tape to thicken it at the bottom of the post end, internal post

they make great pocket warmers, and when done you hoof them

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Anyone have an idea what these forks might be? On a Jamis '08-'12 vintage(I think). Bike specs suggest various RST forks as standard, but I can't find anything when I search 'red anodized mtb forks' and other mixes of words. That means they're rubbish, donut? Or a super rare musuem piece :eek:

Best only picture, and the seller can't (won't?) tell me. What brand are the forks? - I don't know .... Are there stickers on them? - yes ....... crickets ....

safreek

Anyone have an idea what these forks might be? On a Jamis '08-'12 vintage(I think). Bike specs suggest various RST forks as standard, but I can't find anything when I search 'red anodized mtb forks' and other mixes of words. That means they're rubbish, donut? Or a super rare musuem piece :eek:

Best only picture, and the seller can't (won't?) tell me. What brand are the forks? - I don't know .... Are there stickers on them? - yes ....... crickets ....

View attachment 360874
Does not look like they have much of a sliding surface, may need to polish the stanchions

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Does not look like they have much of a sliding surface, may need to polish the stanchions
They do look dull, don't they? I reckon they're rubbish, and the seller;s lack of interest isn't helping. I've put it on my watch list. In 6 weeks I'll offer him 20 bucks for it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They're going to be some bottom of the line shitters that dont slide properly because the spring or elastomer is fucked up. Not worth even considering as repairable. If that frame's head tube is only 1 1/8 don't even bother. We all know how rare 1 1/8 forks are.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So it's been hot over January and February? Just got into the house and fuck me!!! There's a lot of dust, mostly looks like fire dust.

Then there is the toilet. All the water has evaporated out of the bowl! Bone dry... cistern is good. Flush works and refills the bowl. I guess it was hot

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So it's been hot over January and February? Just got into the house and fuck me!!! There's a lot of dust, mostly looks like fire dust.

Then there is the toilet. All the water has evaporated out of the bowl! Bone dry... cistern is good. Flush works and refills the bowl. I guess it was hot
If you have to ask, you'll never understand. o_O