The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok...so next big question. I've been away for about 10 weeks. I've found some cold brew that has been infusing in the fridge for that whole time. What's the worst hat could happen if I filter t off and drink it? I'm heading diahorrea given the toilet paper situation. Will filter later today and find out.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Ok...so next big question. I've been away for about 10 weeks. I've found some cold brew that has been infusing in the fridge for that whole time. What's the worst hat could happen if I filter t off and drink it? I'm heading diahorrea given the toilet paper situation. Will filter later today and find out.
Is your house in the area that was blacked out for a fortnight? Gambling is fun!

make sure you get back on here and post the colours

and do some internet shopping

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got 2...

1) I purchased a cigar from Singapore airport. It is sealed in a little tube. Do I need to store it in a special way?

2) what's the best way to wash a gortex jacket? I've never actually owned gortex anything so...? I thought I had some tech wash but it's all gone. I have some Granger's repel waterproofing, do I just wash the jacket in that or should I wash it with laundry powder and then wash it in the repel agent? The jacket has done a lot of work. In the past I just throw my snow gear in with the tech wash but I'm trying to avoid buying any while I have the Granger's....

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
There should be a tag on the jacket with a set of very complex care instructions. The Quicksilver I was wearing was quite fussy, involved washing inside out using a special cycle. Recommended a light iron after to restore waterproofing. The Gore-Tex pants were much simpler IIRC.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I've got 2...

1) I purchased a cigar from Singapore airport. It is sealed in a little tube. Do I need to store it in a special way?

2) what's the best way to wash a gortex jacket? I've never actually owned gortex anything so...? I thought I had some tech wash but it's all gone. I have some Granger's repel waterproofing, do I just wash the jacket in that or should I wash it with laundry powder and then wash it in the repel agent? The jacket has done a lot of work. In the past I just throw my snow gear in with the tech wash but I'm trying to avoid buying any while I have the Granger's....
1. Just keep it in a humidicrib, like they do in the tobacconist's.

2. Don't wash with a waterproofing agent. Goretex breathes, ie lets hot poods steam out, but stops rain coming in. If you waterproof it, you will trap stinky poods steam between the goretex and the outer layer. I have always just thrown mine in with the normal washing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There should be a tag on the jacket with a set of very complex care instructions. The Quicksilver I was wearing was quite fussy, involved washing inside out using a special cycle. Recommended a light iron after to restore waterproofing. The Gore-Tex pants were much simpler IIRC.
1. Just keep it in a humidicrib, like they do in the tobacconist's.

2. Don't wash with a waterproofing agent. Goretex breathes, ie lets hot poods steam out, but stops rain coming in. If you waterproof it, you will trap stinky poods steam between the goretex and the outer layer. I have always just thrown mine in with the normal washing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love complex instructions! Things like inside out with pockets open is always a good one. Or the tumble dry vs not tumble dry. Thinking I'm just going to hit it with the waterproofer and if it doesn't come out clean I'll do a more thorough clean. The helpful staff in Kathmandu were all "just use this..." But I felt like I was just an inconvenience to him tying to pick up his co-worker. Which in turn made me reluctant to trust his advice.

I'll get a humidicrib from the hospital this arv. Gotta keep this cigar in good form til I work up the stupidity to smoke it!

Attachments

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
usually hand wash with a real mild detergent, like soap flakes, just a few, good rinse then drip in shade..use water proofing agent when near dry (if it needs it) must avoid fabric softener..also cold water..or less than body temp, heat wrecks them...proper wash stuff is something like grangers wash
keep machine wash on delicate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've got 2...

1. Keep it in the tube and smoke within 3 months.

2. Grangers or Nikwax wash on cold delicates wash with extra rinse. Followed by dryer and ironing see https://nsmb.com/articles/2-minute-expert-how-gore-tex-works/

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

safreek

I love complex instructions! Things like inside out with pockets open is always a good one. Or the tumble dry vs not tumble dry. Thinking I'm just going to hit it with the waterproofer and if it doesn't come out clean I'll do a more thorough clean. The helpful staff in Kathmandu were all "just use this..." But I felt like I was just an inconvenience to him tying to pick up his co-worker. Which in turn made me reluctant to trust his advice.

I'll get a humidicrib from the hospital this arv. Gotta keep this cigar in good form til I work up the stupidity to smoke it!
No stupidity in a good cigar