The stupid questions thread.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
Should I take a link out of the chain? Seems to drop down a gear through the rough downhill sections then changes back up when I get on the gas.
clutch is weak, its luck a thing, some are tight some are loose out of the box. mine GX that came with the bike were ok. the new one i replaced it with slappy slap slap on the 2nd week, even drop the chain and scratch my frame last week :mad:
much prefer the type 2.1 clutch of the 11 spd that you can remove the pin, open the cover and tighten it, it does groan with suspension compression for a bit then quiet down as it "wear" in.

moorey

call me Mia
clutch is weak, its luck a thing, some are tight some are loose out of the box. mine GX that came with the bike were ok. the new one i replaced it with slappy slap slap on the 2nd week, even drop the chain and scratch my frame last week :mad:
much prefer the type 2.1 clutch of the 11 spd that you can remove the pin, open the cover and tighten it, it does groan with suspension compression for a bit then quiet down as it "wear" in.
Use an XT M8000 instead. You’re welcome.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Shift much better than the price would have you believe.
Good shifting feel comes from the shifter tbh, unless you ruin it by running cheap sram derailleurs. The shit thing is GX ain’t cheap, but it’s so bad.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I have read somewhere that 11sp derailleurs work on 12sp setups without issue. Can't find where at the minute.

E13 sell a Sram 12sp upgrade kit that converts a Sram 11sp shifter to 12sp. It also changes the derailleur pulley bolts and spacers

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've heard that too but the 11sp XT specs say 46t max cog and the GX is 50t max.
12sp XT suits 51t...
Im going to have proper crack at getting the GX working right and then might try a shimano mech.

moorey

call me Mia
Even 46t on Shimano 11sp is a compromise. It works, but more b screw required than I’d like. You don’t get the ideal wrap around on the smallest cogs.