The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
His voice sounds like someone standing on an old cat's tail these days and that's if he lasts long enough to stand up on the stage without falling over. Some bands are just better off being remembered in their prime.
Strong agree. Appetite for Destruction is still on high rotation, but I prefer to think they broke up after that. LA Guns were equally awesome in the same period. They're still going in a few different versions, but this boomer is stuck in late 80's.

slowmick

38-39"
I think GnR have figured out how much cash they can make by selling tickets 12 months in advance to stadium shows then cancelling at the 11th hour. 12 months is a long time to keep everyone away from the donut cart and off the drugs...

moorey

call me Mia
I think GnR have figured out how much cash they can make by selling tickets 12 months in advance to stadium shows then cancelling at the 11th hour. 12 months is a long time to keep everyone away from the donut cart and off the drugs...
From what I’ve seen at the mall, they can retire on T-shirt sales...and they only need 2 sizes.
-Emaciated bogan smackie dad.
-Obese bogan mum.

moorey

call me Mia
Where on the scale of Awesome to Vince Neil does he currently sit?
If I'm being blunt, have only heard snippets of very unflattering soundbites.
Probably on a par with current Vince, I imagine (having heard nothing of him since Dr F came out and put me off the Crue)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Mrs Tubbsy went to see Bon Jovi (free ticket) a couple of years back and came away very unimpressed with what was left of his voice.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Axle was one of the very few male singers that could hold a high note for a long period in his prime. He's been through a lot in his life, another one tampered by his real dad as a small child, it didn't come out till later in his life and then also physically abused by his Stepdad. He was the one that got the shits and pulled the pin on the band because of the out of control drug use from the other members. Grade A student too but his thing was to rebel against the system, hence he became what he did.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Axle was one of the very few male singers that could hold a high note for a long period in his prime.
He's got a squeal, as did Jon Bon Jovi, but there's plenty more - Bono in his prime, Freddy Mercury... Rufus Wainwright can belt em out like a boss.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The good music ended when they stopped doing crack, pretty much like most of those bands. I'd heard from friends the last time they were here most people walked out before the gig finished because it was so bad.
When did they ever make good music?

Saw them in 88 and 92. Awesome. You couldn’t pay me enough to see them now.
I love hair metal. I even enjoyed these guys for a few months when use your illusions came out. But I've never really understood the motivation for the mega hype they generated and hearing their songs doesn't give me the good nostalgia vibes other music from the same era does. Listen to commercial rock radio at one of my jobs and O am hearing them maybe 3 or 4 times a day at the moment as well as an horrendous cover by Chris Cornell.

What is about their music people love so much?

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure what CC song, but you're asking for a paddlin if you're ragging on early Soundgarden.
GnR were a great crossover band. They weren't hair metal, they weren't punk and they weren't part of the sleaze trend (like Hollywood Rose and LA Guns that they grew out from) but had the best bits of each.
Appetite holds up really well, Sweet Child is schmaltzy, but a classic. They took themselves too seriously after that and were just a parody of what they aimed to be. My2C

Flow-Rider

Burner
When did they ever make good music?

I love hair metal. I even enjoyed these guys for a few months when use your illusions came out. But I've never really understood the motivation for the mega hype they generated and hearing their songs doesn't give me the good nostalgia vibes other music from the same era does. Listen to commercial rock radio at one of my jobs and O am hearing them maybe 3 or 4 times a day at the moment as well as an horrendous cover by Chris Cornell.

What is about their music people love so much?
Go back to sniffing your sunflowers hippie. :p

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
He ain’t wrong though.
GnR are kinda shit.
Slash is cool af , but that’s cause he just seems like a dude that really really likes playing guitars. Don’t really like his music.

@moorey
TL;DR
Gunners are bad and you should feel bad for liking them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure what CC song, but you're asking for a paddlin if you're ragging on early Soundgarden.
GnR were a great crossover band. They weren't hair metal, they weren't punk and they weren't part of the sleaze trend (like Hollywood Rose and LA Guns that they grew out from) but had the best bits of each.
Appetite holds up really well, Sweet Child is schmaltzy, but a classic. They took themselves too seriously after that and were just a parody of what they aimed to be. My2C
I still enjoy the music of sound garden. Chris was a good musician. This however sucks on many levels.

Enjoy.

I disagree on the guns and roses, but as always...if you are listening to what you like, you are listening to the right stuff.

Rock on Izzy!

moorey

call me Mia
I still enjoy the music of sound garden. Chris was a good musician. This however sucks on many levels.

Enjoy.

I disagree on the guns and roses, but as always...if you are listening to what you like, you are listening to the right stuff.

Rock on Izzy!
WTF, that’s not Chris....in that it’s his estate cashing in...and 15 seconds in, it bites.
This is Chris.

If you can ignore Eddy, so is this.