The stupid questions thread.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
That is a good question. I don't know how you can visually pick the 2 and 2.1 apart if you don't have the RS Part ID handy. They sure look the same. I'd guess you would have to pull it apart and know where the differences are.
This is what's annoying me! I can likely do the research if i could figure out what the f**k is in there without taking it out.

moorey

call me Mia
Modesty is good quality. It is totally acceptable to shift to granny gear at the slightest sign of a hill.
'I thought I saw one,.....snick....snick........pedal fast'
No modesty, just no great hills or great rush.
That said, being somewhat fit for the first time in years is a nice thing.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This is what's annoying me! I can likely do the research if i could figure out what the f**k is in there without taking it out.
I hear you. They sure aren't well identified. Maybe the year of the fork might help to give an idea if it is 2 or 2.1 - like newer is mostly likely a 2.1.
Not ideal by a long shot but there aren't too many options.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
All of that covid times living. I think you were in one of the better places to literally ride out a pandemic.
What, even better than my paved and mostly flat local creek loop that's scenery includes the local tip, the back of several industrial estates, a major freeway interchange, some abattoirs and a petrol station? I feel slighted... :eek:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
What, even better than my paved and mostly flat local creek loop that's scenery includes the local tip, the back of several industrial estates, a major freeway interchange, some abattoirs and a petrol station? I feel slighted... :eek:
@moorey does have his local rides sorted out almost too well. I have my wet weather local loop that passes by creeks, an automotive wrecker, two suburban centres, a Buddhist temple and pretty big industrial estate too.

I have learnt to embrace it and do it on the old GT fully rigid now. It can get almost too easy on the roadie. Does make me feel better if I can ride it a few times per week though.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
I hear you. They sure aren't well identified. Maybe the year of the fork might help to give an idea if it is 2 or 2.1 - like newer is mostly likely a 2.1.
Not ideal by a long shot but there aren't too many options.
It's a warranty game... SRAM replaced under warranty but not sure what they put in (fork had an old RC when it went in, now has RCT3)

Last edited: