The Tool Thread

notime

Likes Dirt
Cuts just as quick as my 52cc petrol chi-saw, fresh chain helps though.

Cut a load of fallen branches up for shack firewood... then as soon as I cut the slot to fit a rear wheel in the tree stump down at the bike washing area, the saw had paid for itself instantly ;) Justification complete.

Yes the new chain slacked off and got tightened. Even cleaned it before putting it away.

View attachment 397671
Had this since it came out. Got the 12ah battery by redemption when they first released it, shame they don't do good specials like that anymore. Anyway, top saw if you keep the chains sharp, mine is looking pretty flogged from heaps of work. Just wish it was a bit shorter for backpack trips out bush. I pull the bar off when riding with it but it's still long. I've seen pics of a new shorter top handle one but haven't followed it up if that's coming to market soon.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Had this since it came out. Got the 12ah battery by redemption when they first released it, shame they don't do good specials like that anymore. Anyway, top saw if you keep the chains sharp, mine is looking pretty flogged from heaps of work. Just wish it was a bit shorter for backpack trips out bush. I pull the bar off when riding with it but it's still long. I've seen pics of a new shorter top handle one but haven't followed it up if that's coming to market soon.
If it had a release date, I might have waited... saying that, I did go down for the M18 Hatchet and came away with this.

Last night I put heli-tape all over the bottom of the chainsaw as it got scraped up even with yesterdays use.

ItemImage-719539-wmb6mg5p5g2kt4sfxpb7548.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Just discovered this excellent youtube channel that reviews tools. Checkout ratchet spanners here. TLDR GearWrench is the shiz for ratchets, bits and sockets. Milwaukee M18 and DeWalt seems t be the go for cordless tools. Wera for hex keys.

According to these guys GearWrench is non bueno for torque wrenches. Instead look at a SATA digital.