The Tool Thread

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
@ashes_mtb The Amazon Prime price for these is AU $33.08 delivered I think I am going to order a set as I probably paid nearly that for the two I have and will probably loose at some stage. It looks like I can put multiple delivery addresses in at no charge, let me know if you are interested in a set.
Or anyone else for that matter
The only negative to ball ends is when you want to put a screw on the end and then place it into positon somewhre, straight type work best for that.
Thanks, but I just grabbed a 1.5mm from Hobbytech today. Shame that I was confused and actually needed a 2mm…. Not a bad stop to revisit I guess.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, but I just grabbed a 1.5mm from Hobbytech today. Shame that I was confused and actually needed a 2mm…. Not a bad stop to revisit I guess.
Just as another option, these are excellent & some of my most-used tools for hobby/drone stuff.

I can't recommend a ball-end for <3mm, they're far too easy to snap off, and if they don't snap they tend to round off bolt heads. I've even gone to the lengths of grinding off the ball-ends of my main set for bike use.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Oooohhh...

The new released Milwaukee M18 pruning saw with $50 bonus dollars back tomorrow - $329

Or the proper chainsaw with $100 bonus back tomorrow - $479

dgdfgdfd.jpg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Oooohhh...

The new released Milwaukee M18 pruning saw with $50 bonus dollars back tomorrow - $329

Or the proper chainsaw with $100 bonus back tomorrow - $479

View attachment 397630
I’m all in on Milwaukee already - drill, impact driver, orbital sander, blower, hedge trimmer.

If I didn’t already have a Husky saw that I use rarely then I’d definitely get the full size milkaukee. The electric ones go great. Mini ones not so much in my experience aside from small pruning jobs.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’m all in on Milwaukee already - drill, impact driver, orbital sander, blower, hedge trimmer.

If I didn’t already have a Husky saw that I use rarely then I’d definitely get the full size milkaukee. The electric ones go great. Mini ones not so much in my experience aside from small pruning jobs.
I regret buying Bosch Blue stuff a few yeas back, Milwaukee make so many useful 'skins' nowadays and Bosch still make bugger all... :confused:

ozzybmx

I have a big petrol chainsaw and the little pruner would be handy for chopping branches on the trail. 2600rpm on the pruner, 6000rpm on the chainsaw.

I regret buying Bosch Blue stuff a few yeas back, Milwaukee make so many useful 'skins' nowadays and Bosch still make bugger all... :confused:
At one stage I nearly regretted going Milwaukee as Makita throws a battery and charger in with everything for the same price as an Milwaukee skin.

I reckon I have around 12ish skins now. Nearly all justified by 2 complete house renovations.

Last buys was the power head with the whippersnipper add on, then got the pole saw and hedge tripper heads for it. Great power for the garden.

ozzybmx

I have the M18 Hackzall and a few different blades for it, to be honest, there would probably not be much in it between the M18 Pruner and Hackzall with the right blade anyway.

Hmmmm... big chainsaw ;)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have the M18 Hackzall and a few different blades for it, to be honest, there would probably not be much in it between the M18 Pruner and Hackzall with the right blade anyway.

Hmmmm... big chainsaw ;)
Definitely the big one. My mate’s Makita one performs just as well as my Husky for way less prep and fuss setting up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So I bought this and went to change the shitty plastic handle for a cork one that is way more comfortable and it got stuck. Off to the shed to remove, drillium and refit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Flat metal scraper, the one I was missing from my set of scrapers. I was going to make one from a flat file, then saw the carbide inserts being sold so make one for an insert and then for another $25 bought the whole tool.

ozzybmx

Use your EV as a mobile power source? Just careful you don't drop the tree on the car...
Just got the second contract and allocation so err car is only a few weeks away. It comes with a 4 outlet power board to use a max 3kw.

ozzybmx

Cuts just as quick as my 52cc petrol chi-saw, fresh chain helps though.

Cut a load of fallen branches up for shack firewood... then as soon as I cut the slot to fit a rear wheel in the tree stump down at the bike washing area, the saw had paid for itself instantly ;) Justification complete.

Yes the new chain slacked off and got tightened. Even cleaned it before putting it away.

20230309_151735.jpg