The Tyre Pressure Thread

What Pressure do you run in your Tyres, if different F - R please list the higher

• < 15psi

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 15-18psi

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 19-24psi

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • 25-28psi

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • 29-32psi

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • 33-36psi

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • 36-39psi

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • > 40psi

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Tubes

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Tubeless

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Geezus, does everyone on RB weigh 80-89kg?!?!
Only if you cut my legs off.

I generally run 28-30 psi in the front and 32-35 psi in the rear depending on tyre.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends where I ride.
High Roller 2.4in EXO tubeless. I'm about 75kg.

Lysterfield - longer distance XC - 30psi front and rear.
Up in the hills, 25psi front, 28-30psi rear.

Any lower in the rear I start dinging rims and burping tyres.

70-80psi in my 23c roady tyres. :)

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
105 ish kg. Low to mid 20s front and mid to high 20s rear depending on tyres and the bike and terrain.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
75kg all up, Trance Adv 27.5, 2.4 tyres Mich Wild Enduro front 18psi, High Roller rear 25psi

Interestingly the Michelin wanted less pressure to be happy than the High Roller.

PJO

in me vL comy
20 up front
25 out back
hardtail
70kg naked weight
73kg riding weight
76kg beer + pizza weight

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
F: 20 - MM/DHR2 EXO/DD w/Rimpact
R: 25 - DHR EXO+/DD w/Rimpact

83-85kg depending post/pre dump

180mm Canyon Torque
Gravity riding. Not so much pedalling

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
F- 22- DHF Exo 2.5- 30mm internal
R- 25- Aggressor Exo 2.5- same
76Kg kitted

Scotty T

Walks the walk
So I'm riding a bike with tubes for the first time in 4 years this weekend. Pretty narrow trail style rims running an Ardent 2.25 front and Crossmark 2.1 rear. I used to run ~40lbs in those suckers.

I put them up to 31 front and rear and they feel hard as hell! I don't want to make them harder, a couple of turns on the dirt out the back reveals that pressure is sketchy compared to my toobless. I hope I don't pinch flat, will carry a pump, tube and kit (usually don't) this weekend in case.

@pink poodle I've seen some posts that suggest you still run tubes, what pressures would you run on these sorts of tyres? I am 95kg and on a good rock garden I would pinch flat 40+ psi often pre-tubeless.

I'm running 22 front and 24 rear on the 2.4f 2.3r Maxxis High Roller 2 on the new bike. It's bloody fantastic, over nearly 4 years of tubeless I've gone from 26 front and 32 rear when I first got them

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Go the cheese cutters! I'm running 25-32psi on trail, if it's really rocky I might get up to 35psi. But I'd be rolling a minion, high roller, or very similar tyre in a 2.3-2.5. I am a similar weight to yourself and rarely have issue with flats. I did get one recently after a pretty savage case! So it's either technique or I don't ride very rocky rock gardens. So obviously I'm really hardcore and smooth and you're a noob getting pinch flats on a pebblecrete drive way?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Go the cheese cutters! I'm running 25-32psi on trail, if it's really rocky I might get up to 35psi. But I'd be rolling a minion, high roller, or very similar tyre in a 2.3-2.5. I am a similar weight to yourself and rarely have issue with flats. I did get one recently after a pretty savage case! So it's either technique or I don't ride very rocky rock gardens. So obviously I'm really hardcore and smooth and you're a noob getting pinch flats on a pebblecrete drive way?
I stupidly sold my 26" Minions years ago thinking they were too heavy and now only have 26" cheese cutters. I'll pull a bit out of the front, and run with 32ish rear, and put my best smooth face on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I stupidly sold my 26" Minions years ago thinking they were too heavy and now only have 26" cheese cutters. I'll pull a bit out of the front, and run with 32ish rear, and put my best smooth face on.
Soft legs...or so I hear. I'm a ploough.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
24psi, both front and rear on all MTBs, Hightower - 2.5WT, Trek race bike - 2.3s and IndyFab gravel bike - 2.25s. 86kg starkers.

Flow-Rider

Burner
So I'm riding a bike with tubes for the first time in 4 years this weekend. Pretty narrow trail style rims running an Ardent 2.25 front and Crossmark 2.1 rear. I used to run ~40lbs in those suckers.

I put them up to 31 front and rear and they feel hard as hell! I don't want to make them harder, a couple of turns on the dirt out the back reveals that pressure is sketchy compared to my toobless. I hope I don't pinch flat, will carry a pump, tube and kit (usually don't) this weekend in case.

@pink poodle I've seen some posts that suggest you still run tubes, what pressures would you run on these sorts of tyres? I am 95kg and on a good rock garden I would pinch flat 40+ psi often pre-tubeless.

I'm running 22 front and 24 rear on the 2.4f 2.3r Maxxis High Roller 2 on the new bike. It's bloody fantastic, over nearly 4 years of tubeless I've gone from 26 front and 32 rear when I first got them
You can usually run less on the front but I took my full rigid out last week for a 50km ride, ran about 34 in the rear and 30 in the front, my dry weight is about 83kg. On the way home trying to beat the rain back I nailed a few rock drains that the council had made out of blue stone rocks the size of bowling balls and heard the rear rim ping, thought it would have flatted for sure but I didn't, it might have helped that I ran a thicker dh tube on the rear but it made a hell of a ping noise.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You can usually run less on the front but I took my full rigid out last week for a 50km ride, ran about 34 in the rear and 30 in the front, my dry weight is about 83kg. On the way home trying to beat the rain back I nailed a few rock drains that the council had made out of blue stone rocks the size of bowling balls and heard the rear rim ping, thought it would have flatted for sure but I didn't, it might have helped that I ran a thicker dh tube on the rear but it made a hell of a ping noise.
I have tubes and as big plus, I never leak any sealant. I haven't had a flat for a very long time <touch wood>. I suspect the bigger tubeless tyres plus a tube give great protection for JRA rides.

I run 28-30psi on the front 2.3 Han Dampf or DHR and 32psi on the rear 2.25 Ardent. I'm about 83kgs like @Flow-Rider so we could probably swap clothes if we had to.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
105kg nude except for a slice of pizza on my belly button
Front 22psi in 29 x 2.5 Assegai
Rear 26psi in 29 x 2.4 DHR

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
105kg nude except for a slice of pizza on my belly button
Front 22psi in 29 x 2.5 Assegai
Rear 26psi in 29 x 2.4 DHR
Thread digging, but I'm the same weight and wondering if you're running those pressure with or without cushcores?

I've got DHF2.5/DHR2.4 29's at 27f/30r and they feel rock hard to me. My brain doesn't want to adjust to 29ers and the thought of going lower on rocky trails is freaking me out.