The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

safreek

But if anyone wants to get it and swap a devinci, an asx , a boxxer and a 66 give me a call. Can even throw in a photo of me naked if that seals the deal.
Cmon all you Richie rich types, cough up and have my eternal blessings

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
ride quality?
Oh jeez. Looking back I want to say "trash", but also that's a bit unfair. Pretty steep and twitchy, but was definitely better with wider bars and 2.35 tyres on it, so there is definitely an element of mind-noughties XC spec clouding my memory. It's the sort of thing that I reckon would go well nowadays if you sacked off the Lefty in favour of a single crown tapered steerer fork so you could chuck a -2º angleset in there. That's if you want to ride it regularly. If you just want to have a cool mid-school Cannondale that you can look at in the garage and do the occasional lap of Lysty on then thumbs up.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
would be good w a long travel fork to slacken the HT angle + slt longer rear shock if it doesnt hit anything to steepen seat tube angle did this w my SC superlight = woohoo.
Wasnt someone looking for one of these ?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
would be good w a long travel fork to slacken the HT angle + slt longer rear shock if it doesnt hit anything to steepen seat tube angle did this w my SC superlight = woohoo.
Wasnt someone looking for one of these ?
What is it? @safreek was chasing a prophet. Is chasing a prophet.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

safreek

I could swapa boxxer or 66 and some cash for the rush frame. Picture this, totem on front, coilly shock on the rear, sweet.
Or the boxxer could even suit, the frame was designed to take a dual clamp fork after all.
If any cheap rush frames in large out there, gimmee a holla

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
moorey and I have much in common, love 26 ins , single pivots , hot rodding old shit and bargains also have earthy houses and vegos.
He has a bigger mouth and writes prolifically about "eat a dick ".
Dont tell him though.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
yeah safreek wanted a prophet what size is the Rush ?Might even fit 27.5 if inclined ?
Also wanted to ask is anyone interested in my 2003 Spec Enduro frame in red large ? Just stripped it down yesterday.

safreek

yeah safreek wanted a prophet what size is the Rush ?Might even fit 27.5 if inclined ?
Also wanted to ask is anyone interested in my 2003 Spec Enduro frame in red large ? Just stripped it down yesterday.
I would have been but have to move house, friggen landlady is ruining my life. How can one collect bikes and move at the same time

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Give this thread a firm prod.

I find it pretty relaxing messing around with my old stuff which we can call vintage. Have rescued these Fox 32 talas RL of about an 08 vintage. They needed special love only a man in a shed with spanners and lube on a Sunday afternoon can give.

A few minor scratches on the stanchions but the internals were surprisingly good. They have had a bit of hard life and a bit rugged on the black lowers.

Fitted 180mm rotor to fix a tight clearance that these wheel has always had. Fixed that after the obligatory messing around with more washers.

All going OK, hmm, can I clean up the lowers. This is pretty dodgy even by my lax and forgiving standards. Ah ha, out came the left over White Knight self priming flat black gloss enamel paint that I painted the gutters with. Grabbed one of Mrs smaller brushes and all done in a few minutes.

It is old so you are allowed to get a bit home made without any guilt :)

Cockpit upgrade next. C'mon Jenson Usa.

Here's ye olde short travel Club SC.

Edit: Damn you Tapatalk portrait shots.
DSC_2733.jpg
DSC_2740.jpg
DSC_2742.jpg

Coopz

Likes Dirt
My Giant Boulder, bought it new in 96', road it everywhere but never really off road. Most comfortable mtb I've ever had.
Also a pic if this duelie a friend won in a raffle and gave it to me (apparently worth $1000, lol) what a heap of shit..

Attachments