The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Has anyone ridden a Giant NRS? A 2005 nrs 2 has popped up cheap, considering it to just get out there.
Where do you live, mate? You can have this if you're able to pickup in NW Sydney.

Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2003 or 2004. I have the original Manitou Axel fork too, but it would need a rebuild. Probably not worth the effort or cost.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Where do you live, mate? You can have this if you're able to pickup in NW Sydney.

View attachment 358437

Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2003 or 2004. I have the original Manitou Axel fork too, but it would need a rebuild. Probably not worth the effort or cost.
Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm on the Gold Coast and really need to stop buying projects. One day I hope to have the knowledge and parts stash to throw things together but not today.

It's sold pending payment so probably missed out procastinating. No biggie.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
If the NRS fits you and it's the kind of spec you're cool with it looks to be a sweet bike that had an easy life.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Has anyone ridden a Giant NRS? A 2005 nrs 2 has popped up cheap, considering it to just get out there.
The generic Giant dually of the 2000s. They had a habit of snapping right near the shock mount on the seat tube.

A few of the guys I've rode with had them and I have hated them ever since.

Will be fine for Mrs but inspect the seat tube / shock mount especially if it is an earlier model.

safreek

This is cooler:

That, my friend, is the most beautiful if all giants ever built. Internal rooting and all.
Had the opportunity to buy one a while ago but @pink poodle talked me out of it, said it might snap or something. Someone said giant have been known to replace these things if snapped with a more modern frame, I don't know if correct.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That, my friend, is the most beautiful if all giants ever built. Internal rooting and all.
Had the opportunity to buy one a while ago but @pink poodle talked me out of it, said it might snap or something. Someone said giant have been known to replace these things if snapped with a more modern frame, I don't know if correct.
I'll hang shit on giant all day long, but their warranty is without equal. Pretty sure you need to be the original owner, but if you break a frame a decade down the track they'll fix you up.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

emerthis

Likes Dirt
I'll hang shit on giant all day long, but their warranty is without equal. Pretty sure you need to be the original owner, but if you break a frame a decade down the track they'll fix you up.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Yes, they will. Or replace a carbon Anthem frame 5 times due to crack/failure. I know a guy (named Guy) who has been through this very experience over the past 5-6 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk