The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Well after 4 years Im back, I totally forgot about Rotorburn! Its good to be back.

I finally finished my Giant ATX DH Team (Rob Warner Replica)

I have also picked up one for 4/5 prototype 224 frames made for Steve Peat the season he won the world cup series on in 2005, I know the guy who runs revolution mag also has the same bike/frame.

I am also on the hunt for a Manitou x-vert carbon 7" or boxxer 1999 - 2003 if anyone has any or knows any with some they don't have to be working as its just for another display bike.

Thanks

moorey

I'm full, couldn't eat another dick
Good to see you and the bikes back Paul. Sold the 02’ teams from my 222 cheap to a mate. Can ask if he still has them and wants to sell.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Awesome Giant Paul! What other retro mtbs have you got in the stable?
Nothing at the mo, I have lots of Giant spares but thats it. I kinda gave up for a bit but now im back on the wagon I actually just got a Kona Stab Deluxe on gumtree today for a steal

Oddjob

Wheel size expert
Nothing at the mo, I have lots of Giant spares but thats it. I kinda gave up for a bit but now im back on the wagon I actually just got a Kona Stab Deluxe on gumtree today for a steal
How much did they pay you to take it away?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

safreek

Vealcake
Fatboy put me onto these beauties, shame I'm wasting money on the other bike. I would of been onto these otherwise

beeb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is an absolute ultimate dream vintage MTB I'd love to own and ride. It represents the Ferrari from when I got the SS Commodore, if only I had a little more than $3k to blow on a vintage bike.

https://www.steelfightsback.com/ritchey/timber-comp-1989/

Oof, that's nice. Love the simplicity of this era of bikes. Sure I wouldn't want to ride down a black diamond trail on one, but for a general light duty trail ride they'd be a hoot.

Mr Crudley

Eats Squid
I saw that one too. Very cool in a crazy 90's paint job kind of way but not $10k of good.

That one looks definitely to be a carpet queen.

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt

fatboyonabike

Eats Squid
Sweet ol' Crafty on gumtree

Craftworks downhill dual suspension mountain bike,

Price: $280
$280...get on that
TC Judy forks, now you don't see them around- EVER!, and the Moto is probably very early 2000's by the look of the decals...

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hope someone from here got it because it's long gone now. I took a ride on an older bike a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say I'll stick with more modern geo, going up was ok but going down was sketchy as hell.