The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

safreek

Ok, took the endurobro out today. Probably only knocked up about 15km but it was a breeze compared to the V10, who would of thought.
The frame is apparently from 03, about 125mm of rear travel, the kowa is from about the same year. The whole set up ran like a dream, not even one pushing session.
The forest is new Italy, nearly a year ago it all got toasted in the bushfires, thankfully regrowing well

safreek

What happened? o_O
Just a dud knee at the moment. Riding the endurobro has been much easier on the body than the dh bikes.
On a side note though, the lack of travel and lightness of the bike is making me a better rider, the kowa is breaking in well and is becoming a real comfy fork

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just a dud knee at the moment. Riding the endurobro has been much easier on the body than the dh bikes.
On a side note though, the lack of travel and lightness of the bike is making me a better rider, the kowa is breaking in well and is becoming a real comfy fork
Hoep that gets better for you.

Try riding 1-2 gears lower than usual. I get the same from time to time and that seems to help a bit - as much as I just don't like to spin too much it beats the alternatives that could involve even less riding, a visit to a doctor and a bunch of $$$.

ausdb

Being who he is
I've been meaning to tease @Plankosaurus with this but seeing he is looking for a size L there doesn't seem to be much point.
A 95/96 Barracudas A2RS One owner since new, only ridden 5 times by a young (now middle aged) lady.
Upgrades
XT close range 11-28 casette
New tyres (10 years ago)
New tubes and rear brake cable (today)
Gears are sort of working whilst the goop in the shifters is slowly dissolving back into grease.
Doesn't come with peddles.
No time wasters or low ballers.
DSC_4790-picsay.JPG

Oops sorry was meaning to post this on book face, you'd see it in the douche thread anyway. Off to the f/wits I go...

MasterOfReality

After forever
My 2003/2004 Barracuda, photo taken 10 years ago after I had just cleaned it up and put it back together. Was being used for road duty for a while. Thrashed it all over Mt Keira and Illawarra escarpment.

Doesn't look so flash now after sitting unloved in a shed for the last 10 years!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
My 2003/2004 Barracuda, photo taken 10 years ago after I had just cleaned it up and put it back together. Was being used for road duty for a while. Thrashed it all over Mt Keira and Illawarra escarpment.

Doesn't look so flash now after sitting unloved in a shed for the last 10 years!

View attachment 367709
that seat looks comfy! , might be best to go and get your prostate checked for bruising

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.

View attachment 367709
Avanti had some terrible names for their bikes back then. I’m sure they had one called the ‘hotdog’ :oops:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've been meaning to tease @Plankosaurus with this but seeing he is looking for a size L there doesn't seem to be much point.
A 95/96 Barracudas A2RS One owner since new, only ridden 5 times by a young (now middle aged) lady.
Upgrades
XT close range 11-28 casette
New tyres (10 years ago)
New tubes and rear brake cable (today)
Gears are sort of working whilst the goop in the shifters is slowly dissolving back into grease.
Doesn't come with peddles.
No time wasters or low ballers.
View attachment 367708
Oops sorry was meaning to post this on book face, you'd see it in the douche thread anyway. Off to the f/wits I go...
Oh, that's rough

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk