The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Circa '88 barely used Graecross Jackaroo. Exage group, special mountain CrMo tubing, and it fits me.

Gonna throw a decent saddle on, new brake pads, full clean up of the surface rust on the bits, and ride. It just screams 80's.

View attachment 368064
And it's even in your team colours! :)

Can't wait to see you smash some PRs on this beasty too! :p

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Circa '88 barely used Graecross Jackaroo. Exage group, special mountain CrMo tubing, and it fits me.

Gonna throw a decent saddle on, new brake pads, full clean up of the surface rust on the bits, and ride. It just screams 80's.

View attachment 368064
OMG! My eyes! Graecross was ahead of their time, I thought Aqua/violet was early 90’s.
definitely keep the teddy bear handlebar ornament:D

Scotty T

Walks the walk
OMG! My eyes! Graecross was ahead of their time, I thought Aqua/violet was early 90’s.
definitely keep the teddy bear handlebar ornament:D
The teddy bear is hanging off our letterbox from the early covid days when bored kiddies were going around spotting them.

It's definitely late 80's going by the bits, those few years where stems and bars were colour matched to the bike, other than Klien who kept that up into the 90's. I'll definitely get a pic of it next to the Bronson. Will be a fun gravel grinder, even got some bar ends for it.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
The teddy bear is hanging off our letterbox from the early covid days when bored kiddies were going around spotting them.

It's definitely late 80's going by the bits, those few years where stems and bars were colour matched to the bike, other than Klien who kept that up into the 90's. I'll definitely get a pic of it next to the Bronson. Will be a fun gravel grinder, even got some bar ends for it.
Those bar ends better be ENORMOUS!

safreek

Hey guys, piece of string question. Any idea what this would be worth . Love the look of the fork, obviously what I really want.
Bit of basic research says they are not really a collector item. Ideas guys.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I sold this Orange 223 about 3 years ago and regretted it as soon as I did, but the guy who owned it lived locally and is a Yeti fan so when a 303 popped up on dumbtree he bought it and needed to recoup some funds!

I got it back for $500 pretty happy with the he hardly rode it....

@moorey You like ? haha

Last edited: