The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I've found quite a few pictures of vintage bikes floating around, so I thought I'd make a thread dedicated to them!

I'll start :)

Rules for posting in this thread:
1. Must be from 2000 or earlier
2. Must be either your own bike, or
3. As crazy as the first two!
:D

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought this one in 1992 .....still got it !

Here's another ol banger - so nice to ride , this one's about '85 /'86

I've still got my original mountain bike , to be restored , and a couple of mid 90's BMX a lovely Mosh and a Mongoose .........Went to buy a new Bike on the weekend and just couldn't part with the bucks ! So, the 'ol bangers it is :D

p.s I actually put some el cheapo shocks on my Giant and got to the end of my street , down to the creek , dropped in and blew em ! So anyone got some 90's Rock Shox ? ?

Last edited:

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
spanky's pre 2000 santa cruz heckler.... complete with spin carbon fibre rims

still riding the same frame on a very regular basis...... the spin rims are still getting used too... though, not as much...

spanky

p.s. frame was made in 1996, as the next years model came out with a bent top tube... Oh, and there's http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/index.php for lots of great bikes....

Last edited:

Dicky

Punter God
rules for posting in this thread

1. must be from 2000 or earlier

2. must be either your own bike, or

3. as crazy as the first two

:D

AngoXC

Wheel size expert

Love the above Heckler. There was one similar to that on the old Visit Mt Beauty tourists guides. Bloody beautiful!

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be a bit of a mid 90s DH flavour so far...

I think I may have to go take some pictures to even things up ;)

Matt H

Eats Squid
I shall post a picture of my commuter, the mighty marin bear valley, when I get a chance...

It has "Afterburners". :confused: