The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Laurie01

Likes Bikes
Took delivery of the Tomac 204 tonight. It is in fantastic condition.. There isn't much in terms of parts on there that are from the same era other than the rims and bars.. But that's fine by me because I can start a ground up retro rebuild which I will be happier with the end result any way. I will post some pictures up in the daylight tomorrow..

donny70

Likes Dirt
New frame color for the weasel, more pics to follow when I get the frame back together. It's a large flake base coat with a red candy over the top. Lights up like crazy in the sun.

omac

Likes Dirt
I haven't got any pics of my actual bike because there not in digital format but here's my first MTB:

1999 Specialized FSR

& 6 months later I was tired of breaking it at Eatons cutting, Dromana (I'm the original trail builder there). I bought a:

1999 Norco VPS1

I do have plenty of pics of mine but I don't have a scanner

I went to school with a guy who had Klein, as I wasn't into MTBs at that time so I can't remember the exact model but I'm pretty sure it was a:

1991 Klein Adroit 1

golden path

Banned
This bike was the guns of the navarone, the big lebowski, 9/12 weeks, 8 mile, Rambo 1 thru 13, reservoir dogs meets wolverine - of its time.

:laugh:

donny70

Likes Dirt
Just picked up these magic motorcycles. I'll get the rings re anodized when I get a chance. Black or silver, watcha reckon?

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you'll have to get rid of that coda crap to make them a bit more magic motorcycle while you're at it...

floody

Wheel size expert
Getting closer, still waiting on a handful of small parts; some brake caliper bolts (never seem to have any, so I bought a pack of 50!) and some genuine M900 pads to finish off the brakes(using silver Avid tri-dangles), a different cable hanger to go in the headset, pulley for the front derailleur cable (top route cables but no top pull M900 FD in '92), refurbishing a Selle Italia Super Turbo in white for it, some decals for the syncros post are coming, and that's pretty much it. I will build a period correct wheelset later on (this is M570 LX/Rhyno Lite), probably black RM17 Arayas on M900.

Arran

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting closer, still waiting on a handful of small parts; some brake caliper bolts (never seem to have any, so I bought a pack of 50!) and some genuine M900 pads to finish off the brakes(using silver Avid tri-dangles), a different cable hanger to go in the headset, pulley for the front derailleur cable (top route cables but no top pull M900 FD in '92), refurbishing a Selle Italia Super Turbo in white for it, some decals for the syncros post are coming, and that's pretty much it. I will build a period correct wheelset later on (this is M570 LX/Rhyno Lite), probably black RM17 Arayas on M900.
Schweet! Needs some M737 pedals. :high5:

floody

Wheel size expert
Yeah definitely, or maybe some XT flat pedals with some fluro christophe/zefal/specialized clips. At least then I could ride it in my rather Pony boot styled Nike Mogan ACGs, lol.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Iv been hoarding a bit of stuff so ill have to take some pictures.

Been keeping an eye on hard rubbish and picked up a few small anodized parts lately.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutted these didnt go up 2 months ago my old Ti SS now has 2014 Xt Vbrakes, these would have been much more appropriate.