The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You wash your filthy pleb mouth out! I broke that green saddle on the first freaking ride.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I hoped you used kerosene to wash your mouth out.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Has anyone got mid 90s XT stuff around? 7/8 speed. I don't know enough about the models and stuff but I think like m737? Really want to get this Kona going, would like XT front and rear mechs and a set of cranks better than the Alivio things I have at the moment. Also need a 26.6mm seat post in black.

Will probably chuck my 96 Barracuda up on the retro mtb Facebook page, try swap it for some parts I need. All the good shit is in the UK.

safreek

Has anyone got mid 90s XT stuff around? 7/8 speed. I don't know enough about the models and stuff but I think like m737? Really want to get this Kona going, would like XT front and rear mechs and a set of cranks better than the Alivio things I have at the moment. Also need a 26.6mm seat post in black.

Will probably chuck my 96 Barracuda up on the retro mtb Facebook page, try swap it for some parts I need. All the good shit is in the UK.
Yeah, we have fuck all over here, and all the things I like get sold before I turn enough tricks to buy it. Tragic, maybe I should save some loot, ahaaa ha ha

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

Got 97 XT front and rears (3 x 8) and a newish 11-32 cassette to go with it. Was saving it for one of the kids bikes but open to selling for a retro project.