The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Some of the 80/90s stumpys had the coolest colourways. Doesn't seem like many made it here unfortunately. That Marin is awesome. Do you still have any of them?

AaronJ

Likes Dirt
No, unfortunately.

The Schwinn went to dad and then the skip bin some time a decade or so ago.

The Stumpy I modified, repainted and set up a SS commuter, then sold in the mid 2000s.

The Marin was pinched.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I never have anything to worthwile to post here just wanted to say it's rad to scroll through all these old school bikes and pick up bits of stories here and there.
It has to be noted i do not use the word 'rad' lightly.

jbg

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys. This is number 006 and was a 95/96 team bike. They then had a a full red version for the 96 season which Toby Henderson rode with prototype boxxers. I know the team sold their red frames to some Aussies after the Cairns world champs and there were a few available to the public.
For 97 the team painted up Intense M1’s

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Thanks guys. This is number 006 and was a 95/96 team bike. They then had a a full red version for the 96 season which Toby Henderson rode with prototype boxxers. I know the team sold their red frames to some Aussies after the Cairns world champs and there were a few available to the public.
For 97 the team painted up Intense M1’sView attachment 361618
That's some nicely shaped beer cans there man, much nostalgia.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Mal Bennett yeah?...
Yep. My mate was meant to get him to build the front wheel for the e-postie bike so I could use it to commute, after a long delay getting spokes cut the COVID happened and the wheel hasn't made its way to the north side yet. He builds a good wheel.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
If anyone's interested, I'm selling my Raleigh Technium Chill frame (59cm top tube) and Rockshox Indy fork. Asking $220 and I've got it listed here in the for sale section, but happy to do a deal for fellow burners.
I'd also consider swapping for a Large retro GT frame or Kona frame to build a commuter, or parts I need for my cargo bike build.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Well after 4 years Im back, I totally forgot about Rotorburn! Its good to be back.

I finally finished my Giant ATX DH Team (Rob Warner Replica)

I have also picked up one for 4/5 prototype 224 frames made for Steve Peat the season he won the world cup series on in 2005, I know the guy who runs revolution mag also has the same bike/frame.

I am also on the hunt for a Manitou x-vert carbon 7" or boxxer 1999 - 2003 if anyone has any or knows any with some they don't have to be working as its just for another display bike.

Thanks

moorey

call me Mia
Good to see you and the bikes back Paul. Sold the 02’ teams from my 222 cheap to a mate. Can ask if he still has them and wants to sell.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Awesome Giant Paul! What other retro mtbs have you got in the stable?
Nothing at the mo, I have lots of Giant spares but thats it. I kinda gave up for a bit but now im back on the wagon I actually just got a Kona Stab Deluxe on gumtree today for a steal

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nothing at the mo, I have lots of Giant spares but thats it. I kinda gave up for a bit but now im back on the wagon I actually just got a Kona Stab Deluxe on gumtree today for a steal
How much did they pay you to take it away?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk