The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Hi brains trust, mate has got one of these in his arsenal that he recently told us about. Not sure what it is - if anyone has a clue that would be awesome. I'm not a retro expert but that rear elastomer shock sounds like mad fun to try out!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hi brains trust, mate has got one of these in his arsenal that he recently told us about. Not sure what it is - if anyone has a clue that would be awesome. I'm not a retro expert but that rear elastomer shock sounds like mad fun to try out!
Looks like a Proflex. That rear shock is pretty chunky, I didn't think they were that big and might have been added later.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Any old tomac fans here?

This just got dropped in my garage

It's unfortunately wall art now though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Just curious- Is there a pivot I’m not seeing or does it use flex-stays? Doesn’t look like there’d be much of an arc in the linkage so it’s entirely possible, just not what I’d expected!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
On the rebuild. Need to strip the powder coat and find the old graphics files on the home PC. Got some Hammerschmidt cranks to go on, and some proper rotors. Hardest part seems to be finding an old 7.5*2.0 coil shock for it.

2005 dabomb 4 play FS MK2 - one of very, very few made. (This was the czech republics media frame.) Plus some gripsport custom work.

Snapped the Mk1 in half.

Attachments

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just curious- Is there a pivot I’m not seeing or does it use flex-stays? Doesn’t look like there’d be much of an arc in the linkage so it’s entirely possible, just not what I’d expected!
Yeah, no pivot back there. Kinda makes sense for how it cracked I guess, the linkage probably wants to go upwards.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, no pivot back there. Kinda makes sense for how it cracked I guess, the linkage probably wants to go upwards.
And the swingarm is forcing it downwards, and it’s attached on the outside (thinner) edge of the curved mainframe tube, and is a small welded attachment point, and an aluminium frame. Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing! :)