The watch thread.

safreek

Ok, yeah it's not flash but does anyone know if these things are reliable, citron. Looks cool, is 200 bucks.
Or should I look at a bell matic.
Cheers
Screenshot_2023-10-29-17-39-54-60_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

safreek

Ok watchaphiles, I'm probably going to buy this watch but would like to put a rubber or silicone band on it.
Is it possible with this type of band mount or am I stuck with a metal band.

IMG_20231124_221710.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-24-20-53-51-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

safreek

Well, I went ahead and bought the commie watch, it's auto, 43mm and supercool looking. Purchased off Etsy from a Ukrainian company. Many good reviews and many sales so am confident I will receive it, unlike the other watch I bought off Etsy.

Back in October I ordered a watch that I thought was a reasonable copy of a watch I would love to own, a Zenith El primero.

In the photo it was an auto movement with box and paperwork so ahead I went with the purchase. The next day I re read the advert and it said " original zenith el primero".

I shat myself, realized that I had probably been conned so hoped with crossed fingers that it was just a little bit of paranoia.
Please don't think I was expecting a genuine zenith, I'm not that much of a mug.

So after about a week I got notified that it had been posted but unfortunately the tracking number didn't work. Who would of thought :eek:
About another week and I got an email telling me the watch had been delivered.

Off to the mailbox with no expectations of there being anything there, well, I wasn't disappointed.
I contacted Etsy the next day about being ripped off as they offer money back if you get ripped.
Again, I had no real belief that they would be forthcoming with a refund but surprisingly within 24 hours the money had been returned to me from them. Legends

So I can tell you the refund of money if you get ripped off on their app is totally genuine, whew, I was stoked
IMG_20231127_195718.jpg

safreek

So the watch is on its way from the youcrane, the sooner it gets out of there will make me happy.
That bloody poo-tin is probably lining my delivery up with a scud missile

slowmick

38-39"
Not a super flash watch like ones in this thread but I wanted to give Tissot a shout out for their customer service.
My wife gave me a Tissot divers watch for my 40th birthday. When the battery was replaced the first time the jeweler told me it had to go back to Tissot. Not wanting to wait for the watch to be collected from the jeweler I took it in to the Swatch Group office myself. Very cool place. Unassuming office building in the inner suburbs but when you go out of the lift it was like a bond movie scene. Well dressed mature lady sitting behind a desk giving off Moneypenny vibes and behind her a glass window to the service centre with many lab coat wearing minions looking after peoples pride and joy. They are the service agent for a lot of high end brands so there was a high level of security. Very cool place and I felt welcome even as a poorly attired bogan from the east.
Anyway - this time around when I looked up the address I found they offered free shipping to send it in. They sent me an express post pre paid satchel and packing materials to send the watch to them (they insure it so long as you have a lodgment receipt). They then replaced the battery and did a partial service to guarantee the water resistance of the watch before returning it to me via courier all for $100.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Not a super flash watch like ones in this thread but I wanted to give Tissot a shout out for their customer service.
My wife gave me a Tissot divers watch for my 40th birthday. When the battery was replaced the first time the jeweler told me it had to go back to Tissot. Not wanting to wait for the watch to be collected from the jeweler I took it in to the Swatch Group office myself. Very cool place. Unassuming office building in the inner suburbs but when you go out of the lift it was like a bond movie scene. Well dressed mature lady sitting behind a desk giving off Moneypenny vibes and behind her a glass window to the service centre with many lab coat wearing minions looking after peoples pride and joy. They are the service agent for a lot of high end brands so there was a high level of security. Very cool place and I felt welcome even as a poorly attired bogan from the east.
Anyway - this time around when I looked up the address I found they offered free shipping to send it in. They sent me an express post pre paid satchel and packing materials to send the watch to them (they insure it so long as you have a lodgment receipt). They then replaced the battery and did a partial service to guarantee the water resistance of the watch before returning it to me via courier all for $100.
Thats great to hear they have such good service. I actually need to get my Seastar serviced so might look them up, do you have a link or number?