The watch thread.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
also, if it's a Rolex or other wank brand, it's the "my watch cost more than your car" conspicuous consumption factor.
Yeah, that's just the insta/toob/MMA crowd.

The real problem is the speculators. The most exy Rolexs are tool watches, and should really be around the $10—15k mark for std complications.

The real watch enthusiast's sense if superiority comes from the "you don't know" factor. Bragging would just kill the caché

it's a nice bridge...

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah, that's just the insta/toob/MMA crowd.

The real problem is the speculators. The most exy Rolexs are tool watches, and should really be around the $10—15k mark for std complications.

The real watch enthusiast's sense if superiority comes from the "you don't know" factor. Bragging would just kill the caché

it's a nice bridge...
My mum had two opal faced Piagets they don't even make anymore...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Previously a one watch kinda guy, but was given a really nice present from family. This is a 1965 Automatic Seamaster which was barely used and still has the original Omega leather band. Will make a fabulous dress watch for special occasions, or for when I'm pretending to be vintage 007.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Previously a one watch kinda guy, but was given a really nice present from family. This is a 1965 Automatic Seamaster which was barely used and still has the original Omega leather band. Will make a fabulous dress watch for special occasions, or for when I'm pretending to be vintage 007.

View attachment 377056
Nice watch.

PS prior to 1992, 007 wore Rolex submariners.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Realised it's been about a decade since I last posted any of my own watches in this thread and seeing as I've just taken delivery of yet another Garmin, I thought it's time to post up the collection so far as there have been quite a few additions.

Picture 1: (Clockwise from top left)
  1. Tag Heur Link Ayrton Senna commemorative edition. Automatic, circa 2003.
  2. Omega Speedmaster with funky tropical NATO strap. Windup, circa 1998
  3. Laco Seven Seas. Automatic watch developed in collaboration with the German Army apparently. The Bezel fell off when I was swimming. So much for German efficiency. It's no wonder they lost the war!
  4. Fortis B-42 F4 Phantom limited edition. Automatic, circa 2016. - Nerdy planespotter watch
  5. Casio G-Shock. Quartz. There's a running joke that you can't work in my field (rope access) without owning at least one G-Shock. that's mine.
  6. Garmin Instinct Solar - Surf edition. Solar powered (well, assisted) GPS watch. Just got it the other day as I needed to replace the charging cable for another Garmin and it was easier just to get a new watch. I quite like it. Not too big. Has all the local tides.
  7. Tag Heur Formula One. Quartz. Circa 2009.
  8. Garman Vivoactive. OK-ish GPS watch. Battery seems to be playing up a bit at the moment. Was missing a charge cable.
  9. Old Rip Curl quartz digital watch. Also had all the local tides on it. Damn near unreadable display though.
  10. Garmin Fenix 3. Currently rocking a Gulf Racing NATO strap and a Joy Division Unknown Pleasures watch face. It's the size of a house but the battery goes forever!
Picture 2: (Clockwise from left)
  1. Vostok Dive Watch. Automatic. Temperamental bastard of a watch. I don't think I'd want to rely on it in a life-threatening situation like say, diving.
  2. Diesel Quartz Digital circa 2003. The lcd display sweeps round like a radar!
  3. 'Replica' Golden Rolex with a giant Chinese dragon on the face, fake rubies for eyes and fake sapphires for numbers. An almost flawless copy of a Rolex. Really nails the understated style that the Swiss are notorious for.
  4. Diesel Digital Sports Watch. Best worn when playing beach volleyball, roller-blading or Jet-Ski riding. Perfectly matched with any pair of Oakley Razer Blade sunnies
  5. DieselON Full Guard 2.5. Smartwatch with Android Wearable OS, sexy neon watch face and absolutely appalling battery life.
  6. Old Diesel quartz watch I picked up on holiday sometime in 2007
  7. Vostok Komandirskie wind-up watch. trashy ebay purchase. Very Red October
  8. Bizarre Back To The Future Flux Capacitor watch. I have no idea how it works. It lights up various parts to tell the time but you need an enigma machine to work it out
  9. Divex Quartz Divers watch. Divex make a lot of equipment for the commercial diving industry. Every so often they bring out limited edition watches for marketing purposes. This one is for one of my old employers and was specifically for the boat my old man was working on at the time (Seven Pelican). The band is rubber and extra long so it can fit round a dry-suit or hot-water suit. The face has the boats name emblazoned on it along with the company's '7' logo in place of the number 7
  10. Another Divex quartz divers watch. Metal bracelet.
  11. Glaschutte automatic watch. From the era when the town of Glasschute was still behind the iron curtain in East Germany and the watches produced there weren't Patek Phillipe prices!
  12. Scarfe dive watch. Quartz. Don't really know the history behind this. It was a birthday present.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Realised it's been about a decade since I last posted any of my own watches in this thread and seeing as I've just taken delivery of yet another Garmin, I thought it's time to post up the collection so far as there have been quite a few additions.

View attachment 377112

View attachment 377113

Picture 1: (Clockwise from top left)
  1. Tag Heur Link Ayrton Senna commemorative edition. Automatic, circa 2003.
  2. Omega Speedmaster with funky tropical NATO strap. Windup, circa 1998
  3. Laco Seven Seas. Automatic watch developed in collaboration with the German Army apparently. The Bezel fell off when I was swimming. So much for German efficiency. It's no wonder they lost the war!
  4. Fortis B-42 F4 Phantom limited edition. Automatic, circa 2016. - Nerdy planespotter watch
  5. Casio G-Shock. Quartz. There's a running joke that you can't work in my field (rope access) without owning at least one G-Shock. that's mine.
  6. Garmin Instinct Solar - Surf edition. Solar powered (well, assisted) GPS watch. Just got it the other day as I needed to replace the charging cable for another Garmin and it was easier just to get a new watch. I quite like it. Not too big. Has all the local tides.
  7. Tag Heur Formula One. Quartz. Circa 2009.
  8. Garman Vivoactive. OK-ish GPS watch. Battery seems to be playing up a bit at the moment. Was missing a charge cable.
  9. Old Rip Curl quartz digital watch. Also had all the local tides on it. Damn near unreadable display though.
  10. Garmin Fenix 3. Currently rocking a Gulf Racing NATO strap and a Joy Division Unknown Pleasures watch face. It's the size of a house but the battery goes forever!
Picture 2: (Clockwise from left)
  1. Vostok Dive Watch. Automatic. Temperamental bastard of a watch. I don't think I'd want to rely on it in a life-threatening situation like say, diving.
  2. Diesel Quartz Digital circa 2003. The lcd display sweeps round like a radar!
  3. 'Replica' Golden Rolex with a giant Chinese dragon on the face, fake rubies for eyes and fake sapphires for numbers. An almost flawless copy of a Rolex. Really nails the understated style that the Swiss are notorious for.
  4. Diesel Digital Sports Watch. Best worn when playing beach volleyball, roller-blading or Jet-Ski riding. Perfectly matched with any pair of Oakley Razer Blade sunnies
  5. DieselON Full Guard 2.5. Smartwatch with Android Wearable OS, sexy neon watch face and absolutely appalling battery life.
  6. Old Diesel quartz watch I picked up on holiday sometime in 2007
  7. Vostok Komandirskie wind-up watch. trashy ebay purchase. Very Red October
  8. Bizarre Back To The Future Flux Capacitor watch. I have no idea how it works. It lights up various parts to tell the time but you need an enigma machine to work it out
  9. Divex Quartz Divers watch. Divex make a lot of equipment for the commercial diving industry. Every so often they bring out limited edition watches for marketing purposes. This one is for one of my old employers and was specifically for the boat my old man was working on at the time (Seven Pelican). The band is rubber and extra long so it can fit round a dry-suit or hot-water suit. The face has the boats name emblazoned on it along with the company's '7' logo in place of the number 7
  10. Another Divex quartz divers watch. Metal bracelet.
  11. Glaschutte automatic watch. From the era when the town of Glasschute was still behind the iron curtain in East Germany and the watches produced there weren't Patek Phillipe prices!
  12. Scarfe dive watch. Quartz. Don't really know the history behind this. It was a birthday present.
If they were bikes, that’d be cool. Now you’re just a strange cat …

MasterOfReality

After forever
If there is something that nags you keep looking. I can ignore stuff that irks me when it is a small part of the whole but the visual appearance is the whole, you won't wear it.
I'm leaning towards the blue IWC. The numbers don't get to me that much and I'll probably get used to it over time, and its such a well proportioned watch so the rest makes up for it.