The watch thread.

darryl

Likes Dirt
Check out Mido for a good entry level into Swiss watches with good internals and no real accuracy issues. I've got a number or automatics, and have found my Oris to keep the worst time. Great watch with titanium case and carbon fibre look dial, but a pig for accuracy.
My Tag and Omega are both certified chronometers, so accuracy is superb. Then you have the Tissot PRS 516, super cheap, full auto Swiss made watch.

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
errrr....they're replicas, not the real deal. Lame.
I am assuming the legitimate watch companies on that webpage would be interested in a dodgy website like that.
yer i know they are replicas.... just interesting

what everyones views on replicas? i have seen a few very very nice ones go for like $400-$500
worth it or just a nice genuine watch for that much

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast

what everyones views on replicas? i have seen a few very very nice ones go for like $400-$500
I personally wouldn'd spend $400-$500 on a replica, just to been seen to have the status symbol but not have the wealth to back it up seems like an egotistical exercise!

You will get a nice quality watch for that kind of cash, why buy something of less quality to look like a tool?

I have spent money on expensive watches that I wear on the weekends, but I wear a $25 casio every other day.

Dont feel the need to buy a replica... for me, its not all about status of an expensive watch, its more about the quality, feel and engineering that comes with an high end watch.

Matt H

Eats Squid

I've been browsing through watch forums a fair bit over the last couple of months, and the debate over replica vs. homage gets pretty heated at times. I don't think I'd really want to wear a replica. But I guess kinda hypocritically I am open to wearing a homage - like the Steinhart (rolex sub) I posted earlier.

I think it's the difference between appreciating the design or style and not being able to afford the real thing vs. wanting a name on your wrist.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want HIGH quality replicas, literally piece for piece exact then hit up Andrew on

www.ttw888.com

Tell me Jordan sent you and you'll get a nice discount ;)

Been using him for years, nothing but awesome stuff; not not necessarily on the cheaper side however!

I currently wear a 50mm U-Boat flightdeck in rose gold with a carbon center. Japanese movement.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid

Go legitimate or don't get one. Buy what you can afford. Buying a replica? Don't get offended if people call you a tryhard bogan.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah its legit!

Weirdest way that you have to pay for it, but it goes through Paypal so all good. I have bought 10+ watches from there, I have a breitling that I bought 6 years ago when I was 13 and it still works perfectly.

oriion

Likes Dirt
It's one of the earlier "Pepsi" styles, and is indeed original

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk