The what do "OLD DUDES" ride thread.

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
I guess 38 qualifies as an "old dude" so here is pics of my rigs the pitch and the blue pig and i also like to ride my misses when i have the energy to chase her round the paddock :D

Attachments

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2010 glory and 2009 Riegn.

Do the NSW State DH series just to keep riding and get away for weekends. 42 racing Masters.

Glory now has Saint 4 piston brakes and Supra D rims on King hubs.

stretch123

Cannon Fodder
Live the life you luv, luv the life you live

i'm 42 and still getting dirty and bruised every weekend,
riding an Intense Uzzi, no current photos only one pinched off the web only difference is I have a set of Boxxer Race, SLX cranks, flats, Da Bomb wheel sets, 800mm bars - I'm 6"7 need the extra length
Previously rode a Norco 6 2 and keep it straight and narrow on a Giant Yukon.
Thanks to the boys at FTR for taking all my money.

Attachments

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
This is what I have atm and will have a Yeti 303RDH frame next week for the Orange build to go on. Also have a 05 enduro and a stp for the pump track. Am 35 or 36 I cant remember atm tryed raceing expert this year and got owned so went back to vets and had a lot more fun and better results.
Will be a strong masters class next year with spinner aceyone pete and crew. And Digby69 is nailing more and more A-lines.

Attachments

Last edited:

DeanoM

Likes Dirt
Turner DHR

Race Masters Class,at 50 still riding a 05 Turner DHR-go the sled !! Should be a kick arse crew from the boarder next series.

Attachments

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Liar....you race Expert where you should be!:D
I'm gettin older and slower mate , I'm done with expert I reckon. These Border boys are tough competition anyway , should keep me focussed ! Must be something in the water up here....... :)

Bring on the next season !

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'm gettin older and slower mate , I'm done with expert I reckon. These Border boys are tough competition anyway , should keep me focussed ! Must be something in the water up here....... :)

Bring on the next season !
Yep, it's the water fromthe Hume. I used to be a quick runner when I was a kid. Now I'm as slow as due to this Melb water!
Good to see you'll have some competition.

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Ok, all this "Old dudes" talk has got me wondering what everyone actually rides.

Ok, "Old" is if you qualify for Vets or Masters DH classes - that help?

Are we "old" and have soooo much $$$ that our bikes are total bling ....

Frank the Tank From SA: Super Masters Div (52 now, 53 this year)
DH: 2008 Giant DH0, now with custom anodised frame (interestingly, the seat and top tube came out "burnished" gold and the downtube silver - why, different alloy in the tubes) with 2010 888 Ti's on front. May soon have Mavic Demax Ultimates.
DH2: 2007 Craftworks S1 - now officially my son's DH bike
XC: SC SuperLight, with mavic 819 tubeless with CKing hubs, CKing headset, Thomson seat post and stem, Carbon Monkey light bars, Reba teams, Juicy 7's, complete new XT drivetrain

Other +50 competitors: Intense M3 / M5 / Orange 222 / 224

USJ

Likes Dirt
37 years old, definitely have more $ for bikes now. I find it easier to spend money on upgrades, wife doesn't really notice. If I buy a new frame or bike she notices. I recently got a new DJ bike by telling her she can ride it when we go out for family ride days on the bike paths. She like bright shiny things too, so it worked.

2008 Turner Highline
2009 Commencal Absolute

Attachments

ray

Likes Bikes
How cool is this?

A thread where no one types in text speak!!,

Right then, I'm Ray, 38 years old.

2008 Reign O, 2005 Canondale Gemini 1000 ( in the process of being rebuilt due to cracked frame ), The Gemini will go to the grave with me...

And am trying to hook up a SS 29er, which will hopefully be my next personal cycling evolution

Vinelink

Likes Dirt
Intense 09 Uzzi. 43yrs old

09 Intense Uzzi, 2010 Totems, Hope 2 hubs, MTX 33 rims, Hope brakes, Sram 9

Married, 3 kids and love to ride with mates and my 11 yr old son.

Work and create passive income, then buy what you want.

Pics to followIllinbah 10 May.JPGphoto 1.jpg

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
This is a great thread and it's very encouraging to know that there are other older riders out there who are still really into the DH persuasion. I'm 40 and sometimes when I go out riding all I see is young kids on the tracks.

I'm new to DH and have just brought a 2010 Giant Glory 1 which is stock apart from putting in Minions, a lighter spring (trialling steel before committing to Ti) and 780mm Boo Bars.

I also have a 2010 Giant Reign 1 that is totally pimped, but I am selling it as it's not going to see much use now I have the Glory DH plough.

I have no idea how fast I am compared to other "old dudes" as I haven't raced yet, but hope to get into the VIC series next year. I like to imagine that I'm an OK rider as I take most of the A lines and can get down track 10 at the Youis in about 2.5 mins, but from the looks of some of the other people's bikes on here I think I will have some pretty stiff competition!

I am no longer married, have no kids and work part time so I have lots of time to get out riding, but not so much $ for bike bling...

I'm insecure about my bar width, can someone please tell me that 780mm doesn't make me look like a try hard :) I am almost 6' and have wide shoulders...

Deadman

Likes Dirt
You guys don't know what 'old' is - that's me, bottom right in my avatar

robhely - 780mm make a lot of sense. You will have a lot more control over what the track throws back at you as your front wheel tracks over all the wild shite on the trail.

DM

Last edited: