The Woodwork thread

moorey

call me Mia
Nice. Felix is too cool to join Rotorburn, but I’ll chuck up pics of and cool stuff he does.

Scotty675

Cable thief
This is a little simple project for anyone with a half decent drop saw. Had a work experience kid once that wasn't interested. One day I dressed a small piece of timber and gave it to him and said make something with this. I can't that's not enough to made anything. I showed him this. Measure width of dresses board, set stop to said width, dock 6 pieces, set drop saw to 45°, move stop so blade just touches top edge of board, cut all 4 edges, cut all 6 pieces the same. Boom you just made a cube. Nothing special but it made him look at things differently and he showed a lot more interest from that day on. It is satisfying building things.
20120821_090531_IMG_0256_91.JPG

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite a bit of (marine ply)wood in this composite boat I built from plans. Partially done in the airconditioned, open plan living room :D because it was the Build Up season, and I had to go back home to work before the Mrs and kids from a WA trip. I checked the sliding door measurements so I knew I could get it outside when the time came.
Not classic woodwork, 8 sheets of marine ply, 20kgs of epoxy resin, I forget how much woven glass cloth. Launched in 2013 and still going strong, albeit in much colder waters than originally intended for.

Attachments