The You Yangs Thread

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was just reading the news on mountain biker ... sad news, have to wonder what happened, maybe heart attack.

he wasn't found until 4.15 am so must have been off the track a bit not to be noticed.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
was just reading the news on mountain biker ... sad news, have to wonder what happened, maybe heart attack.

he wasn't found until 4.15 am so must have been off the track a bit not to be noticed.
Depends where he was and when he came to grief. I ride there on my own on Mondays and Tuesdays and sometimes never see another rider.

Beej1

For personal reasons I try not to dwell on this sort of stuff too often - but the thought of this guy dying alone saddens me quite a lot.

Been planning a big ride out there this Saturday for over a month. Don't have the time to make the trip as often these days. I'm not spiritual or anything, but I'd genuinely struggle to ride the trail where he was found, assuming it's made public one day. For the simple reason that if you don't concentrate out there, the consequences can be dire. I'd struggle to concentrate on much other than how sad is was a guy died alone right there - wherever 'there' is.

I hope his family and loved ones are getting all the help they need.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
For personal reasons I try not to dwell on this sort of stuff too often - but the thought of this guy dying alone saddens me quite a lot.

Been planning a big ride out there this Saturday for over a month. Don't have the time to make the trip as often these days. I'm not spiritual or anything, but I'd genuinely struggle to ride the trail where he was found, assuming it's made public one day. For the simple reason that if you don't concentrate out there, the consequences can be dire. I'd struggle to concentrate on much other than how sad is was a guy died alone right there - wherever 'there' is.

I get you NP.

It is terribly sad. Hopefully he didnt suffer on his own and passed away suddenly and peacefully. You just never know when and where.......

Perhaps he died doing something he enjoyed. We should celebrate his connection to this place. I love the Youies and have spent alot of time out there on my own and with others. In time and with the family blessing, we could remember/ honour him in some way on the trail.

These things highlight ones own mortality especially has the years tick by.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

It isa tragedy, but you have to remember, it's still safer than driving to shop for a refill of Tim Tams in your active wear.

To paraphrase a popular quote, it's better to die on your bike, than live on your couch.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm looking out the window......

Youse can all eat a pallet of dicks!

Kind regards, BK.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm home. Wifeys birthday. Nothing wrong with me (debateably), not at work. Still, can't go riding.
You'se can all eat ALL the dicks.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel your frustration.
I'm at work, sun is out. FB feed filling up with mates going to YY or riding RedHill.