The You Yangs Thread

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Fair enough... I'm only going if get confirmation that they're open... meaning they've been looked at and we're given thumbs up....
They won't really get looked at. The Ranger will check the rain gauge and make a call based on that. Can't remember exactly what the number is in a 24/48 hour period but I'm betting they won't be closed.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I don't know how much is required before they're closed, but it has to be close to the mark. We got this much rain the night before last, and more last night and this morning:
rainglass.jpg

dunndog

Eats Squid
This is a message I received from their fb page after asking the question not long ago. Haven't checked the totals from the previous 24 hrs...
The official closure point is 30mm of rain in 24 hours or 50mm in 3 days but Parks Victoria make the final decision on when to close the trails so we can't say until we receive notifications from the rangers. However we always suggest avoiding the trails for a day or 2 after heavy rains.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
This is a message I received from their fb page after asking the question not long ago. Haven't checked the totals from the previous 24 hrs...
The official closure point is 30mm of rain in 24 hours or 50mm in 3 days but Parks Victoria make the final decision on when to close the trails so we can't say until we receive notifications from the rangers. However we always suggest avoiding the trails for a day or 2 after heavy rains.
Standard issue, cover or arse response. Got it verbatim first thing Sunday morning.

*the views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of a sane well adjusted human.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Standard issue, cover or arse response. Got it verbatim first thing Sunday morning.

*the views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of a sane well adjusted human.
Damn.. and here I was nestled in front of the fire on my polar bear hide rug feeling all special..:fish:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
You Yangs MTB Club said:
Many of you have probably noticed how overgrown some of the Stockyards trails are getting with Boneseed so we are having a Trail Clearing Day this Saturday June 3rd – between 10am and 3pm.
This working bee is open to anyone, for any amount of time you are able to give. Please bring gloves, food and water. Last year a crew from Ford managed to smash out the whole of Trail 4 (Rockwell) in one day and the difference was insane. Let’s see how many people we can get to chip in and help rip some of the boneseed out on Trails 6 (Lactic) and 7 (Trav’s).
Clearing the trails makes them flow better, ride faster and also much safer so we hope to see lots of you here – please comment below if you think you will make it so that we can get an idea of numbers.
'Below' being the post they made on the Facebook just now.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
"GOOD NEWS: Ford Australia is sending workers out this Friday to do some more volunteer work on the trails (and you can help)!

More sight line clearing will be the order of the day with some of the Stockyards trails still pretty overgrown. This working bee will be open to everybody so if you would like to help put something back into the park please meet us at the Drysdale Rd Shelter, 8.30am this Friday 13th October.

Would be great to see some riders join in if you can even just spare an hour pre/post ride it all helps."

I'll be heading out unless something comes up to stop me. Hopefully some others can too. It makes a big difference once all that crap is out of the way and you can actually see what's coming up.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Yep all bermy goodness. Knocked off about 8 seconds off my best run.
I was about the same my first run down, even came across 2 riders coming up.

I think it's getting close to making this a 1 way track now. You're hitting some fair speeds and the berms only add to keeping the speed up.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

I think it's getting close to making this a 1 way track now. You're hitting some fair speeds and the berms only add to keeping the speed up.
I quite often use Lactic as an up to Cressy and Turbs.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt

Knocked off 5 seconds today, close to 2 mins down now. Agreed that it should be considered for 1 way - Although it is a good climb too...