The You Yangs Thread

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
It’s a good climb, but it’s always on my mind that I’ll meet riders coming the other way (whether I’m climbing or descending). Rockwell is a better climbing option for playing or safe.
Rockwell is by far the best climb, I'd rather ride up that than the road, seems easier.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It’s a good climb, but it’s always on my mind that I’ll meet riders coming the other way (whether I’m climbing or descending). Rockwell is a better climbing option for playing or safe.
It is, but too far away from where I want to be.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Rockwell is by far the best climb, I'd rather ride up that than the road, seems easier.
Even possible to get some flow going up Rockwell if you play it right. That said, I'm a bit of a sucker for a good techie climb, although youd be mad to want to climb lactic on a day like today. I've never seen so many cheap bikes numpting around as I did today.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've only climbed Lactic about twice. Seems to be a shorter climb, but harder than Rockwell.

It would be good if they had a dedicated climbing track somewhere in the middle that comes out near the DH start platform.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've only climbed Lactic about twice. Seems to be a shorter climb, but harder than Rockwell.

It would be good if they had a dedicated climbing track somewhere in the middle that comes out near the DH start platform.
You mean like the ‘push up track’? Which starts near the container at the bottom of Travs and comes out near top of Travs.
It’s a hell of a slog up though and I always seem to regret it when I do it.
Agreed with the others that lactic should be considered for one way. I encountered a guy trying to drag his dog behind his bike up one of the Little Rock garden bits a while ago.
I only ever climb Lactic to get to the top if it’s an unusually quiet day and Im always on tenterhooks ready to jump into the bushes.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
You mean like the ‘push up track’? Which starts near the container at the bottom of Travs and comes out near top of Travs.
Agreed with the others that lactic should be considered for one way. I encountered a guy trying to drag his dog behind his bike up one of the Little Rock garden bits a while ago.
I only ever climb Lactic to get to the top if it’s an unusually quiet day and Im always on tenterhooks ready to jump into the bushes.
Yeah that push up track sucks balls.. It's a flog of a slog!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I was thinking more along the lines of something rideable... Something between Lactic and Travs / Bandages...

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Speaking of which, I couldn't believe how many I saw there on the weekend! I only had a month away from riding but It's now like it's a different sport!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Speaking of which, I couldn't believe how many I saw there on the weekend! I only had a month away from riding but It's now like it's a different sport!
Arrive at sparrow fart like me and you literally have the place to yourself for a few hours. But roll on down to the carpark near midday and its a free for all of Kmart specials, cheap helmets and as you mentioned Ebikes. I think they all accidentally turned right instead of left at the end of YouYangs rd.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not one but two seperate tools out there riding with no helmet!
One on a full blown downhill bike doing Turbs or bandages. Well a ten year old Kona Stinky anyway.
Mind totally blown.
I’ve seen head injuries WITH helmets on and they weren’t pretty. I don’t want to have to be the one caring for these Darwin Award winners until the ambos make it into the park.

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
One on a full blown downhill bike doing with Turbs or bandages. Well a ten year old Kona Stinky anyway.
Mind totally blown.
I’ve seen head injuries WITH helmets on and they weren’t pretty. I don’t want to have to be the one caring for these Darwin Award winners until the ambos make it into the park.
Fuck me hahaha

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
One on a full blown downhill bike doing Turbs or bandages. Well a ten year old Kona Stinky anyway.
Mind totally blown.
They are only darwin award winners if they a) die doing something stupid, & b) beat all the other gene pool refugees in the fuckwit hierarchy in the process. Just sayin'

Yes, I agree - they were being gigantic selfish fuckwits.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They are only darwin award winners if they a) die doing something stupid, & b) beat all the other gene pool refugees in the fuckwit hierarchy in the process. Just sayin'

Yes, I agree - they were being gigantic selfish fuckwits.
Yep you’re right. Maybe pre-winners then? At any rate they were total winnerso_O

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Mind totally blown.
Saw him too, was nuts.

Then coming down lactic some fuckwit decided to park his E bike in a rock garden so he could chat on the phone.

Didn't even bother to say as I was coming down. Didn't bin it, was just having a chat on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk