The You Yangs Thread

teK--

Eats Squid
Shhh, best not to bitch about track works at youies, they are a little touchy about this subject, you might get told to fuck off and not come back!

However, every person I ride with there completely agree with your request and would also include boulder as needing to be one way.
It is totally nuts that boulder is 2 way!!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
FYI everyone: There are currently some trees down across trails. One big one across a whole switchback on Cressy (the first turn of the double-switchback before going into the second rock-garden), but you can shortcut the turn and ride the rest of the track fine. And one nearish the top of Rockwell, easily ridden around.

YYMTB Club has notified Parks Vic already to come and cut them out...

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Just curious if those latest bush fires made it to the youies. Heard the lady from little river general storm on the radio so know it got close

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Trails are closed after a massive downpour last night. Probably not for long, but if you're thinking of heading out there today...don't.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I know this has been discussed before but I’m gonna have a whinge anyway

I wish they would make Lactic one way.

It’s basically a downhill trail in the ‘gravity’ oriented side of the park along with Travs etc and it’s plain fucking dangerous when you have a race happening next week and people are hard charging DOWN and people are riding up so they don’t have to go up cressy rd.
Yet it’s two way.
You have a race next week which is all DOWN so people consider it a downhill trail.
I know I do and many others I know as well so ride it as such.
I had a major high speed off today after passing about 10 people hiking up and had to avoid one guys bike, snagged a rock with a pedal and over I go.
One day I’m waiting to meet head on someone coming up oblivious to whats coming down. If not me then someone else.
Seeing more and more Ebikes going up flat out and making skids on the way down too.

The trails have gotten faster, bikes have gotten faster.

Anyway just a whinge

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I know this has been discussed before but I’m gonna have a whinge anyway

I wish they would make Lactic one way.

It’s basically a downhill trail in the ‘gravity’ oriented side of the park along with Travs etc and it’s plain fucking dangerous when you have a race happening next week and people are hard charging DOWN and people are riding up so they don’t have to go up cressy rd.
Yet it’s two way.
You have a race next week which is all DOWN so people consider it a downhill trail.
I know I do and many others I know as well so ride it as such.
I had a major high speed off today after passing about 10 people hiking up and had to avoid one guys bike, snagged a rock with a pedal and over I go.
One day I’m waiting to meet head on someone coming up oblivious to whats coming down. If not me then someone else.
Seeing more and more Ebikes going up flat out and making skids on the way down too.

The trails have gotten faster, bikes have gotten faster.

Anyway just a whinge
Your concern is a legitimate one. Only a matter of time before there is a severe head-on collision like cressy descent - which used to be two-way.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Yet they still carry on with the "riders going up have right of way".

Geelong MTB have a race weekend, there's notices everywhere saying stay away etc. Can see who gets preference there....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
They really need a dedicated climbing trail between Turbulence and Lactic. Then make Lactic one way.
Yep can’t ever see that happening though.
Best there is up Rockwell or the push up track which is a slog in itself and also crosses over a fast bit of Turbs.

Your concern is a legitimate one. Only a matter of time before there is a severe head-on collision like cressy descent - which used to be two-way.
Was there an incident that prompted the change on Cressy?