The You Yangs Thread

dunndog

Eats Squid
Big day coming up this weekend in the form of a shuttle day for a very worthy cause. i'm not involved with promoting this at all so I'll just suggest heading over to their website or fb page for details.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
facebook donations

There is also a request on the YYMTBInc Facebook for trail donations. Please help the crew by donating just $10.

Details are listed- its very easy.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I was out on Saturday and had a blast.

While riding up track 11 (trilogy) I come across a guy running down it... He made the least amount of effort to get out of the middle of the track as possible.
I told him it was for MTB only and he said "I know" and just kept going.

Was I wrong? are the trails for walkers/runners as well?
it's been a while since I've been there and things might have changed.

prodgeham

Likes Bikes
Was there on Saturday too and came across this (I assume the same) guy and got the same response on track 5. Little attempt to move out the way.

I get you yangs has walkers and the like around but I thought the sign posted trails were for mtb only? Clearly not.

rsclio

Likes Dirt
Was there on Saturday too and came across this (I assume the same) guy and got the same response on track 5. Little attempt to move out the way.

I get you yangs has walkers and the like around but I thought the sign posted trails were for mtb only? Clearly they did not think so.

Fixed....10 char

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Any more shuttle days on the horizon? I missed out on last Sunday's session buying bike number three
They try to run one shuttle day a month, depending on when their crew is available for driving, etc.
Keep an eye on their FB page, they usually announce them only a week or so in advance though.

It's likely we won't see another until their Cressy race weekend, but who knows... might get lucky. :whip:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Is Cressy's closed for the whole weekend?
Judging by the piles of dirt there yesterday, I would think so.

Needs a bit of work, lots of braking bumps and ruts that I'm sure Trav and the team want to sort before the Annual Cressy Descent.

Hit up the website or facebook page, should have closure details.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Judging by the piles of dirt there yesterday, I would think so.

Needs a bit of work, lots of braking bumps and ruts that I'm sure Trav and the team want to sort before the Annual Cressy Descent.

Hit up the website or facebook page, should have closure details.
Here they are from Facebook....

Youies Facebook said:
The Cressy Rego Link is Live and please note that Track 13, Cressy, will be closed next weekend, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon (August 14, 15, 16 & 17) for some works!