The You Yangs Thread

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Magpie alert!

There's a vicious cunt of a thing between the tops of Lactic and Rockwell. Smacked me right in the side of the face as I was going full blast down the road.
Awesome... Something to look forward to this arvo. Looks like I'll have the full face on!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for posting gillyske. Little bit concerning that the trail network isn't even shown on their map as 'mountain bike trails' or part of the principle bike network

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I find it quite worrying how they've deliberately written out any reference to mountain biking in the park. Especially given the general refusal of Parks Vic to allow any works (even some repair work requested) by the club. I've already sent a response but hopefully plenty of others do to.

It's such a rare resource on the Western side of Melbourne, I really hope they're not trying to kill it off in a "death by a thousand cuts" approach.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
I find it quite worrying how they've deliberately written out any reference to mountain biking in the park. Especially given the general refusal of Parks Vic to allow any works (even some repair work requested) by the club. I've already sent a response but hopefully plenty of others do to.

It's such a rare resource on the Western side of Melbourne, I really hope they're not trying to kill it off in a "death by a thousand cuts" approach.
Its a bit ridiculous. If they want to install educational pieces, build them next to some green/blue trails in a way people can pull off to the side and view them and/or place them at the trail heads. Mountain biking, cultural heritage recognition, environmental preservation and appreciation do not have to be mutually exclusive things. They should try to understand their current visitors instead of trying to attract a completely different crowd. Fairly certain mountain bikers would make up the majority of visitors to the region and a lot of those are families riding together. Hell I bet the only reason they are able to get a use case for this is because they are getting their visitors numbers inflated by mountain bikers.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Its a massive push by parks to lock people out. The Grampians are pretty much closed to rock climbing now with so many lies from parks, its only a matter of time before they come for the rest of us. The climbers, prospectors, dirtbikes, shooters, horse riders, even campers are losing ground. All for the sake of walking trails which has being pushed as the new extreme sport in the Grampians.. Fuck the 4wders they are traitors to the rest of us.