The You Yangs Thread

danncam

Likes Dirt
So, anyone know if Cressys will be open tomorrow (Saturday 9th) or if it will only open Sunday (for the shuttle day)?
I was planning to go Saturday as I'm happy to ride the ups as well.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
So, anyone know if Cressys will be open tomorrow (Saturday 9th) or if it will only open Sunday (for the shuttle day)?
I was planning to go Saturday as I'm happy to ride the ups as well.
People have been riding it while they've been working on it and it's closed. :mad:

Their plan was to open it for the shuttle day, but given the extra works they've had to do and the lack of rain and water is been able to get on it, not so sure...

danncam

Likes Dirt
People have been riding it while they've been working on it and it's closed. :mad:

Their plan was to open it for the shuttle day, but given the extra works they've had to do and the lack of rain and water is been able to get on it, not so sure...
Thanks, i wasn't sure if it was open for the weekend or open on Sunday.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The post went out that it was open while I was out there on Saturday. Had a crack at a couple of blokes for riding it prior and had to sheepishly apologise after.

Still slightly soft, but they’ve done an excellent job. It’s significantly faster and an absolute buzz to ride. Managed my second fastest time down it despite getting caught behind another rider in the second rock garden, casing the life and out of the second bigger gap jump, and ballsing up the line in the small rock garden after the first big left hander rock garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Got out to the Youies today and checked out the re-worked Cressy trail. Did a sighting run with a couple quick pushups to session the new jumps and then a half assed attempt at the whole track. Amazingly I knocked 8secs off my PR. The track is definitely faster after all the works, those new berms are super-quick, . The jumps were a bit odd, theres a couple reshaped smaller jumps near the top which when hit at speed are cleared to flat, but then the first double needed to be hit at Warp9 with 3 pedals into and 2 pedals out of the corner to get over cleanly..
Also the first jump on the fast lower straight seems to send you off to the left a bit now...they've dug a bit of the bank out there and you can bounce off it if you end up there, but definitely need to aim right a bit on take off.
Kind of wish I had've pedalled my fat ass off a bit more as I reckon there's at least another 4 or 5 seconds I could knock off. Don't usually ride Cressy too much, but have to admit railing those berms was good fun.
Stretched the legs after that and did a loop out to the rangers hut and back, still a bit of moisture out there which was nice.