The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So I was in Tassie recently, and followed the filthy trail of Froth to the Bay of Fires Trail. Heard things like "Best trail in Australia" "I could just ride it all day" "yewwwwwww, SENNNNNND ITTTTTT."
Look....It was fun to do....but I didnt need to do it again. If flow trails are your thing, you'll love it. Im sure people have seen footage of this, so i'll just leave this here and y'all can do what you like with it.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
So I was in Tassie recently, and followed the filthy trail of Froth to the Bay of Fires Trail. Heard things like "Best trail in Australia" "I could just ride it all day" "yewwwwwww, SENNNNNND ITTTTTT."
Look....It was fun to do....but I didnt need to do it again. If flow trails are your thing, you'll love it. Im sure people have seen footage of this, so i'll just leave this here and y'all can do what you like with it.
What kind of trails do you like?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It is a fantastic trail, for what it is. 13k's of fast flow descent. It is not trying to be kumma-guttza, nor should it be.

Derby will continue building more gnar, as they need to anyway, for each ews round.

Flow trails are the bread and butter of mtb tourism though.

What is their most urgent trail build, in my opinion, is a green trail down from black stump, to get all the numpties off air ya garn.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I would suggest you give it a couple of years and you will probably enjoy it more as by then it will have lost a fair bit of gravel capping and be all the more interesting for it. This is the case with the North South track and with Atlas, which I rode for the first time in a couple of years last weekend. Both when they were first built were smooth and flowy with the exception of dedicated rocky sections. Now they are much more chewed out, Atlas in particular has now has lovely numerous technical rocky lips, roots and off camber slabs in the middle section which I don't remember being there to begin with.

What is their most urgent trail build, in my opinion, is a green trail down from black stump, to get all the numpties off air ya garn.
The first section before the road isn't too much of an issue, but after that it gets steeper and rowdier which catches the less capable out. I reckon if there was a bit of local education given by the various shuttle operators, and on the signage basically saying if you find the first bit hard, then take the lower Flickety connection it would help.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
To be honest, I liked the vid but did ffwd through chunks of it. Seemed like a bermed fire trail. Crying out for some hand cut side tracks.
Good thing I didn't put up all 30+minutes of it.
It's definitely well made for what it is, alot of work has gone into it.
Luckily Tassie has loads of different riding to satisfy all tastes.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm yet to ride this one but keen to give it a crack.
Whether a trail is the "Best Trail in the Country" is pretty subjective. It all depends on what type of riding you like. I can see that riding it with a 170/160 enduro bike would be well over gunned.
Me personally on of my favorites is Iron Tor in the Dial Range but other may not everyone's cup of tea. I also really like the Snig track as it's a great technical climb but not that steep that you blow yourself up. My wife hates it as she spends more time pushing her bike than riding it.