Theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about a Nordest Britango? On sale at the moment and comes to just over $1k shipped to Aus.

Takes 120-140mm fork, threaded BB, external routing, nice short chain stays for zipping around the pump track...

PJO

in me vL comy
As much as I really think you should get a Pipedream Sirius I don't think there is room in your budget, the frame landed is likely to be close to $1.5k

For $650 including delivery this is a cheap option. The Ragley's ride well (my eldest has a Mmmbop and is loving it)

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
What about a Nordest Britango? On sale at the moment and comes to just over $1k shipped to Aus.

Takes 120-140mm fork, threaded BB, external routing, nice short chain stays for zipping around the pump track...

View attachment 390700
I had a look at their website, I do like the black and orange one, definitely in consideration

As much as I really think you should get a Pipedream Sirius I don't think there is room in your budget, the frame landed is likely to be close to $1.5k

For $650 including delivery this is a cheap option. The Ragley's ride well (my eldest has a Mmmbop and is loving it)
Probably around where I'll end-up if I'm honest, the frames are good value and they review well - the Hardtail Party reviews of the Big Al are complementary and they look good enough to hoon about on

Rorschach

Ok, this might be a goer.
There’s a 2019 British racing green Honzo ST on facey for $650 + delivery or a very lightly used bright yellow Cotic BFeMax locally for $700. Both good options, the Honzo might work better for this though.
Decisions decisions…

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There’s a 2019 British racing green Honzo ST on facey for $650 + delivery or a very lightly used bright yellow Cotic BFeMax locally for $700. Both good options, the Honzo might work better for this though.
Decisions decisions…
For @moorey

PJO

in me vL comy
Decisions decisions…
Is the Cotic a large? Reach will be quite a bit longer than a large 2019 Honzo, even though the top tube length is similar (Cotic has steeper seat tube angle).
Also Honzo is not as slack as the BFe, depends what you are looking for.
Honzo 68 with a 120mm fork (67ish with a 140mm).
Bfe 66 with a 120mm fork and (65 with a 140).

Have ridden a 2018 Honzo (same geo as 2019) and it was a nice ride with a 140mm fork.

Edit: Also the Honzo has a waaay shorter chainstay length, something like 415-430. Bfe is 444mm

Rorschach

Is the Cotic a large? Reach will be quite a bit longer than a large 2019 Honzo, even though the top tube length is similar (Cotic has steeper seat tube angle).
Also Honzo is not as slack as the BFe, depends what you are looking for.
Honzo 68 with a 120mm fork (67ish with a 140mm).
Bfe 66 with a 120mm fork and (65 with a 140).

Have ridden a 2018 Honzo (same geo as 2019) and it was a nice ride with a 140mm fork.

Edit: Also the Honzo has a waaay shorter chainstay length, something like 415-430. Bfe is 444mm
Yeah, both large.
Given its an AM HT and I want something more as a stuff about bike I'm leaning towards the Honzo given it is less slack. Likely won't see much dirt initially so a long reach and slack HA will be overkill

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
Yeah, both large.
Given its an AM HT and I want something more as a stuff about bike I'm leaning towards the Honzo given it is less slack. Likely won't see much dirt initially so a long reach and slack HA will be overkill
Reckon the Honzo would be the go for a stuff around bike, especially with the shorter wheelbase (steeper head angle + shorter chainstays).

You could even run it single speed :D:D:D:D:D:eek:

Rorschach

Reckon the Honzo would be the go for a stuff around bike, especially with the shorter wheelbase (steeper head angle + shorter chainstays).

You could even run it single speed :D:D:D:D:D:eek:
That is the initial plan - cheaper than a drivetrain!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Which one do you like the look of better?
Both will do the job, but the BfeMax is better in every way.

Rorschach

Which one do you like the look of better?
Both will do the job, but the BfeMax is better in every way.
Honestly have had a boner for a Honzo since I first saw them. I like the Cotic too, but not for what I want this for.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As a Cotic owner, I think the Honzo is better for your intended use.
The Cotic is built for stuff well beyond riding around with kids

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cotic measure HA at 25% sag, I don’t think Kona do?
The Bfe is a fair bit slacker than the Kona.

Reactions: PJO

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Where is team Watly?

Find the bike you want then get the chinese to build it in Ti. Cry when customs gets their hand on it then pay the ransom.

Otherwise, a dartomoor frame is pretty good value, and I have been considering one myself for a long time now.

They used to be like $600, now on sale for $400 odd

PJO

in me vL comy
Cotic measure HA at 25% sag, I don’t think Kona do?
The Bfe is a fair bit slacker than the Kona.
Always struggle to get my head around measurements at sag, just used to static geo numbers.
This would make the BFe bottom bracket height pretty high compared to the Honzo...