There can only be one

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ultra lord is right...if you have this kind of coin to spend on a new frame there isn't really a lot of options. If you hav nailed it down to this weapon, shoot the team an email. Time to just cough up and ride!

I have no money so really can't compare.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ultra lord is right...if you have this kind of coin to spend on a new frame there isn't really a lot of options. If you hav nailed it down to this weapon, shoot the team an email. Time to just cough up and ride!

I have no money so really can't compare.
I'm coughing up and hopefully not choking on the wrong sized frame, decision will be made tonight.

Spent since 5am in work, been smashed with OT in the past 6 months, the result is +10kg and cash for new bike.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Why not check with Ben what the deal is with the new geo charts? I notice that they’re quoting the figures with 150mm fork now, feel sure it used be with a 160.

Either way I feel like the head angle at least is a typo.

ozzybmx

There's a write up on Bikerumour with the geo chart figures showing 65.5° and specifying a 160mm fork.

The most recent, which was the one I was using. Specs a 150mm 44 offset.

As yous say, there something suspect about it. 10mm shorter fork, BB height and stack only a few millimetres difference, lost 0.5° HA, seat angle remains unchanged, reach is 6mm shorter.
It wont affect the fit but the figures have to be wrong or possibly right now.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
BB height and stack only a few millimetres difference, lost 0.5° HA, seat angle remains unchanged, reach is 6mm shorter.
That sounds about right from what I can tell with dropping the fork only 10mm. Except for the reach... I'd think that maybe it'd be 6mm longer if anything...

ozzybmx

Why not check with Ben what the deal is with the new geo charts? I notice that they’re quoting the figures with 150mm fork now, feel sure it used be with a 160.
I have sent an email to Ben pointing out the 2 charts and the small discrepancies and asking him to clarify.

Nearly 100% on a Med, my SC feels good on length but the light front has not been so good. So much so that I rate it behind my Evil Following in handling.

The 29mm shorter that the Highlander is can be taken up with a 40-50mm stem and if needed, up to 10mm seat shift, which will put it right back to the same cockpit length. My SC seat is set right on the middle mark and a 33mm stem so I have room to play there and hopefully get the weight back into balance.

Also the Med Dev and my Lrg SC are the same in reach (if Ben doesn not change it).

Once we clarify the geo figures, its invoice time :)

ozzybmx

Ben was off for a couple of days and got back to me yesterday to let me know he would have all the info for me when he got back today.

He said they have made changes to the linkage(s) and also now have 2 to choose from, 140 and 150 though the 150 link is not officially released yet. Also said to disregard the old chart I sent him as it was no longer current.

The below may mean something to you gurus here but the geo chart is about as much as I understand.

These are all with the 150 link which he said work well with a coil or the X2.

There is only 1 x Med and 1 x Large left in Decembers order, I have just asked for the deposit invoice.

Med - Skye Blue - X2 - 150 link if available but 140 is equally fine.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Hmm, ok. So the 140 link has changed as well?

Might email him to find out what I've got.

ozzybmx

Hmm, ok. So the 140 link has changed as well?

Might email him to find out what I've got.
Here's what he said @Tubbsy

It might be right with the different fork ?

So firstly - sorry for the confusion.

We made a few changes for this Highlander's linkage so please discount the older geometry which you attached. The current geo on the website is correct for a 150mm fork (and 140mm linkage).

Something to explain as well - we will have 2 linkages available for you to choose from. There is a 140mm linkage and a 150mm linkage.
We have not launched the new 150mm linkage yet... however, it uses the same shock and as well as the geo changes below it also adds some more progression into the linkage - this means it is ideal for coil shocks or large air volume shocks (i.e. Fox X2).

I've attached the suspension data for the 150mm link. The suspension data for the 140mm link are published on our website.
There is also an image which shows the Highlander geo with both the 140mm and 150mm linkage with the same 160mm fork.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ben was off for a couple of days and got back to me yesterday to let me know he would have all the info for me when he got back today.

He said they have made changes to the linkage(s) and also now have 2 to choose from, 140 and 150 though the 150 link is not officially released yet. Also said to disregard the old chart I sent him as it was no longer current.

The below may mean something to you gurus here but the geo chart is about as much as I understand.

View attachment 369037

View attachment 369038

View attachment 369039

View attachment 369040

These are all with the 150 link which he said work well with a coil or the X2.

There is only 1 x Med and 1 x Large left in Decembers order, I have just asked for the deposit invoice.

Med - Skye Blue - X2 - 150 link if available but 140 is equally fine.
Man I love a company that's just like "Here's the info..."! No "we specifically optimised the bike to be perfectly adapted for every rider in every riding scenario and as such won't tell you any actual figures about it" marketing BS. Bliss!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Oddly there are people out there with 150 links, and I have a black frame even though they're not officially released yet.

So they must do small runs of things, and maybe they have revised both linkages.

I've sent an email to find out what I have.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
TL:DR. Have you tried this spread sheet to help setup the mezzer?

I've found it pretty spot on for both of mine with just minor tweaking of both the irt and main.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
TL:DR. Have you tried this spread sheet to help setup the mezzer?

I've found it pretty spot on for both of mine with just minor tweaking of both the irt and main.
Thanks, I saw that on mtbr - looks like most people are running a fair bit less pressure than recommended by Manitou, and going by my first ride I think I'll be following suit.

Annoyingly my pump seems to drop pressures a tad when disconnecting, so it might take a few goes to be confident I'm getting what I put in.

What settings are you running? Liking the fork?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm running two on different bikes and love it. Much prefer it to my old grip2 36 and 36 with acs3 coil kit + fast damper. Seems to hold a like really well and not deflect plus handy to dial in both small bump and midstroke seperately.

It's simple to adjust the travel using the supplied spacers and not lose any oil or damage the top cap using a cassette tool.

170mm I run about 5 psi lower than recommend on the spreadsheet in the main and irt as recommended

150 I run 3 psi more in the irt and main is as recommended.

5 clicks of low speed on each and one click of high speed compression on each.

I'm thinking about experimenting and running less air pressure and more damping.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

A fork will be my next research topic. Such disappointment in the last 3 Fox factory forks I have owned.

All 3 with creaking CSU's, still have a 32 on my XC race bike which creaks. 34 sold on the Evil, the 36 that came on my SC had the creaking CSU replaced by Fox but it felt over damped from new. Got it increased from 150 to 160mm and ACS coil kit fitted, still doesn't feel they way I would like.
Pay top $ for a fork that I would expect to be 100% out of the box.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
A fork will be my next research topic. Such disappointment in the last 3 Fox factory forks I have owned.

All 3 with creaking CSU's, still have a 32 on my XC race bike which creaks. 34 sold on the Evil, the 36 that came on my SC had the creaking CSU replaced by Fox but it felt over damped from new. Got it increased from 150 to 160mm and ACS coil kit fitted, still doesn't feel they way I would like.
Pay top $ for a fork that I would expect to be 100% out of the box.
That sucks. Check @kten's for sale threads...

Will report back on the Mezzer if I ever get to ride the bike - another 20mm rain today.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Does this mean the thread title needs changing..."There can be only one....uhm, ok then, maybe two "