There can only be one

atty

Has excellent taste.
The hard bit is yet to come, finding parts to build it without paying higher than rrp covid price's or waiting a month on overseas orders.
I ordered from chain reaction on Monday, arrived Wednesday. All I need to finish the build is a stem, saddle and 11 speed xt gears - hopefully these arnt on every xmas list.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I ordered from chain reaction on Monday, arrived Wednesday. All I need to finish the build is a stem, saddle and 11 speed xt gears - hopefully these arnt on every xmas list.
I'm going XT 12, only found 1 place that does Hope Pro 4s with micro spline as an option.
160mm Lyrik Ultimate black.
Haven't even thought about other bits yet, too much Xmas stuff going on with the kids pressies.

atty

Has excellent taste.
I'm going XT 12, only found 1 place that does Hope Pro 4s with micro spline as an option.
160mm Lyrik Ultimate black.
Haven't even thought about other bits yet, too much Xmas stuff going on with the kids pressies.
You can always run the standard HG freehub with one of these. Then there's stacks of hubs to choose from.

ozzybmx

You can always run the standard HG freehub with one of these. Then there's stacks of hubs to choose from.
I actually don't mind the idea of XD, I like the fact that it doesn't eat into your freehub. Can only think that micro spline is exactly the same.

Reckon I might just go there first up and that will keep me using the Shimano interface.

My XT brakes appeared around 5pm today from CRC, ordered Saturday and paid for express, the Shimano shipped locally... I paid express for #1 sons replacement cassette but its coming from the UK.

EDIT: I actually have a Pro 4 normal HG spline and XD driver here as spares, just got moved sideways lately from Hope Hubs by buying bikes and wheelsets without them. They are my fav hub by a long shot... super reliable.

Last edited:

Scotty675

Cable thief
I actually don't mind the idea of XD, I like the fact that it doesn't eat into your freehub. Can only think that micro spline is exactly the same.

Reckon I might just go there first up and that will keep me using the Shimano interface.

My XT brakes appeared around 5pm today from CRC, ordered Saturday and paid for express, the Shimano shipped locally... I paid express for #1 sons replacement cassette but its coming from the UK.

EDIT: I actually have a Pro 4 normal HG spline and XD driver here as spares, just got moved sideways lately from Hope Hubs by buying bikes and wheelsets without them. They are my fav hub by a long shot... super reliable.
If you go shimano 12 speed I’d recommend a micro spline hub.
I’m running a garbaruk 12 speed cassette and it is good and does everything it should but not as smooth as a full shimano set up. The full shimano drive train set up correctly is pretty impressive and silky smooth.

ozzybmx

@Tubbsy did you have the rubber sleeves where the cables entered the frame ? You only showed pictures of blank carbon holes ?

atty

Has excellent taste.
Awesome, Yeah got in touch with Ben From Deviate directly. He has have sent me one of things above. I also had my shock hardware forgotten too. Could be the Aus import that forgets this stuff, but I think they'll catch on.

ozzybmx

The frame and extra stuff has been paid for and is currently on the way to the Aussie Distributor :D

Was originally meant to be shipped direct from the UK but it doesn't really matter how it gets to me.

Apparently the Oz agent has all the extra bits in stock, invisiframe, idlers, hangers, suspension links ect.. which is good to know, even know I ordered spares.

Also, when I asked about the spare idler and the resistance reported with it...

We've addressed the issue with the idler - with new seals - so this isn't a problem you should experience
Maybe there will be no experimenting required with alternative bearings, cheap anyway at 25quid ($45au).

New PYR thread next week maybe.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Forbidden is really the only mainstream current competition. Craftworks are a local option, but I think they sold all their frames some time ago and it's quiet over there these days.

There are super-boutique options like Actofive if your wallet really deserves some punishment. And it does.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Forbidden have the extra novelty of actually having stock that a customer could buy in this country too.

I've seen some increasingly beefy Druid builds recently for something that's meant to have "only" 130mm. Fark knows how large the Dreadnaught can go then.