Brakes Shimano XT
Dropper post One Up Components 210mm
Bashguard One Up Components
Wheels Hope Fortus 30 blue
Tyres Bontrager XR4 2.6" front / 2.4" rear
Handlebars Raceface Atlas 780mm / 31.6 / 30mm rise
Stem Thomson 50mm
Saddle Bontrager Montrose carbon

This started in a strange way. I've been whining on about short chainstay length and slack STAs on bikes and got pointed to HPP bikes.

The Forbidden Druid looked good and I really liked some of the geometry. 130mm was too short in my book and I wasn't sure it'd be much different to my Banshee Prime.

Then I'd considered the Dreadnought, that was taking ages to release and once done it's not quite what I was after.

In the meantime I saw the Highlander and as people got behind it I saw the potential. This was increased when I heard it could run with a 150mm link.
Still wasn't fully sold on geo but heard good ownership stories and went to see one.

I managed to stay calm and not buy it on the spot but was hooked.

I must have pinned @atty with a million questions. (I owe you a craft ale for sure!) And then decided to buy it.

Definitely wanted some colour after black / raw finish bikes for years. Their rep here was more than helpful but the icing on the cake was Deviate in Scotland. They're epic. Attentive, responsive and absolutely went above and beyond to make this work for me.
If you're on the fence, get onto one.

Some points while building. Everything is well thought out. Cable routing is sleek under the top tube, grommets and spacers work excellently. And this thing is STOUT. Might be the coil, but there's plenty of material in this frame. My old Trek Fuel EX9.9 was made of balsa wood by comparison.

If you get the Invisiframe, be prepared for some cussing. It's rather precise and covers almost everything (including the link!) There are some bubbles in my fitment and I'm not doing it again. It covers the frame well enough.

Anyway, I'm pumped to join the club. I may change some elements as. Not sure about the blue bars and wheels. Might just go black everywhere.

If I don't like the forks I'll put my Lyrik with the Push HC97 on and run it at 160mm. That's one of the things I like over the Forbidden, I can change the link and run 140mm as well.

Attachments

teK--

Eats Squid
Deviate Highlander
Frame Deviate Highlander XL with 150mm link
Shock Cane Creek Kitsuma coil
Fork Suntour Durolux RC2 36 170mm
Drivetrain Shimano XT 32/46
Rear cassette Sunrace 11sp 11/46
Brakes Shimano XT
Dropper post One Up Components 210mm
Bashguard One Up Components
Wheels Hope Fortus 30 blue
Tyres Bontrager XR4 2.6" front / 2.4" rear
Handlebars Raceface Atlas 780mm / 31.6 / 30mm rise
Stem Thomson 50mm
Saddle Bontrager Montrose carbon

This started in a strange way. I've been whining on about short chainstay length and slack STAs on bikes and got pointed to HPP bikes.

The Forbidden Druid looked good and I really liked some of the geometry. 130mm was too short in my book and I wasn't sure it'd be much different to my Banshee Prime.

Then I'd considered the Dreadnought, that was taking ages to release and once done it's not quite what I was after.

In the meantime I saw the Highlander and as people got behind it I saw the potential. This was increased when I heard it could run with a 150mm link.
Still wasn't fully sold on geo but heard good ownership stories and went to see one.

I managed to stay calm and not buy it on the spot but was hooked.

I must have pinned @atty with a million questions. (I owe you a craft ale for sure!) And then decided to buy it.

Definitely wanted some colour after black / raw finish bikes for years. Their rep here was more than helpful but the icing on the cake was Deviate in Scotland. They're epic. Attentive, responsive and absolutely went above and beyond to make this work for me.
If you're on the fence, get onto one.

Some points while building. Everything is well thought out. Cable routing is sleek under the top tube, grommets and spacers work excellently. And this thing is STOUT. Might be the coil, but there's plenty of material in this frame. My old Trek Fuel EX9.9 was made of balsa wood by comparison.

If you get the Invisiframe, be prepared for some cussing. It's rather precise and covers almost everything (including the link!) There are some bubbles in my fitment and I'm not doing it again. It covers the frame well enough.

Anyway, I'm pumped to join the club. I may change some elements as. Not sure about the blue bars and wheels. Might just go black everywhere.

If I don't like the forks I'll put my Lyrik with the Push HC97 on and run it at 160mm. That's one of the things I like over the Forbidden, I can change the link and run 140mm as well.
Damnnnn that is hot. The suspension design reminds me of the GT RTS

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
What height are you? Highlander/Druid/Dreadnought are on my radar but I'm unsure of sizing.

Nice looking rig. Love the coil.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Orange and blue is nice.

But Orange and Black is best.

Fine choice!
I must admit it's on my mind. I've a set of black bars 35mm diameter I could use but they're a little uncomfortable. Too rigid even at my weight. Black wheels could be on the cards.. we'll see.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Noice!
Giving me second thoughts about choosing the Prime over this scottish lass. Especially given I've still got a wait.