Things I miss

stirk

Burner
Amid the chaos of covid19 and future pandemics...... Keep it realish

I miss being able to buy 26" tyres, some baldy from Ballarat has got em all hoarded.

I miss TP, man how I would love some TP!

I miss the smell and fumes of leaded petrol v8's rumbling away on a summer's day in a traffic jam in the 80's.

I miss my virginity, wait what?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You know your virginity has just been listed on eBay? Auction doesn't close for another week or so. It's copped a few bids, I think it's up to maybe 8 rolls of tp.

I miss being on snow. Ahhhhhh the bliss.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I miss being loved.

Ooft too real!

Guilt free two stroke dirt bike rides!
Expendable income!
Getting wankered at nice bars that locked us in after 12.
Racing 4cross.
4cross bikes.
My Transition scout which is sitting unbuilt on the back seat. It’s like a modern 4x bike.
Having weekends free again so I can ride.
Banshee spitfire unridden in the garage. I miss that most.

binner

Hath shat hymself
I miss my Basset hound "Hector" had him from a pup until he passed away at 13 years. He was my best mate, such a cool hound.
I miss the smell of rain hitting super hot bitumen roads.
I miss riding DH aggressively and not saying no to a gap jump or similar, now makes me stand back and say "hang on a min old cowboy, you got kids and many repayments to think about before you try to gap that :eek:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I miss the simplicity of bikes, when buying something usually fitted straight on without issues!
I miss the times before social media, when people had fun and didn't worry about shit that will never have a bearing on their life

moorey

call me Mia
I miss the simplicity of bikes, when buying something usually fitted straight on without issues!
Stop buying new bikes then.

I miss Biden being a lovable sidekick, rather than a bumbling future president.

like @binner, I miss carefree riding.

I miss having a car that was purely about fun, rather than fully about function.

I miss just being to spontaneously say to the GF/wife, ‘heading off to a ride/race with the boys, see you in a few days’

I miss hair, and not getting a sunburnt head in seconds.

I miss eating whatever crap I wanted without worrying about my fat arse or reflux.

I miss dozens of old burners who have disappeared.

I miss being relatively confident that what I heard and read was probably true, and had good intentions.

I miss almost every bike I’ve ever sold and every bike I will ever sell.

Also, Ok boomers.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I miss the smell of two stroke exhaust - it may be a long time ago but I loved that bike.
I miss the return of the jedi ice block with a weird blue jelly inside

binner

Hath shat hymself
You guys that miss carefree riding should consider jumping onboard the snow life...nothing inspires recklessness like a big soft powdery pillow to land in!

...and here's a hug for you.
Hokkaido... Niesko....Hirafu were another lifetime for me, 2 visits in consecutive years living in kutchan for 3 weeks was awesome before the days of the place being full of white guys...(am I allowed to say that? :rolleyes:)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hokkaido... Niesko....Hirafu were another lifetime for me, 2 visits in consecutive years living in kutchan for 3 weeks was awesome before the days of the place being full of white guys...(am I allowed to say that? :rolleyes:)
I think the politically correct way to put it is "before the place was filled with dickheads..."? Don't worry it's not isolated to the Niseko area, but it is avoidable.

I've got a few spots that kids under 12 can ski for free...best not to miss out on offers like that! Get them addicted to a horribly expensive and planet hating recreational lifestyle while you can!!! I figure the corona melt down will think out the crowds and the panic will ease up pretty quick...probably back on snow in 2037.

As you can see, the last day on a ow was difficult. ~85cm in the previous 2 days and barely a person in site.

Edit - cropping those pics for the site really chopped the quality!

Attachments