Thinking about getting a DJ bike

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
^ the back recovery is plowing ahead?

I'll use excess weight as an excuse for lack of skills.
Yep still getting stronger. The level of discomfort is the same, but I’m doing shitloads more so it’s good. If I stopped doing things, like quite my job and just qent on nice moonlit beach walks I’d have no pain at all haha.

Also, I was right. Transition scout is much better on the dirt jumps than a spitfire. The spitty has a weird weight balance and too much travel. You sorta get lost in the squish.

Edit: the spitty is a better “mini” dh trailbike though. I don’t wanna sound too negative about it haha

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep still getting stronger. The level of discomfort is the same, but I’m doing shitloads more so it’s good. If I stopped doing things, like quite my job and just qent on nice moonlit beach walks I’d have no pain at all haha.

Also, I was right. Transition scout is much better on the dirt jumps than a spitfire. The spitty has a weird weight balance and too much travel. You sorta get lost in the squish.
If you bump me on the right angle your hand or elbow could get lost in the squish.

Good news on the back. Are you regaining flexibility? I find my back plays up when I loose my rubber man status.

Ultra Lord

If you bump me on the right angle your hand or elbow could get lost in the squish.

Good news on the back. Are you regaining flexibility? I find my back plays up when I loose my rubber man status.
Gotta lay off the butter!

I’m the most flexible I’ve ever been to be honest, but it’s core strength and weights that keeps it all together for me. I fall apart if I have a week off the gym.

PJO

in me vL comy
Thanks for the info fellas ... I came across some new Circus Experts for about $280 and seeing if its worthwhile swapping out the barely used Argyle R's out and trying to make some funds back
Where did you find a new Expert for $280?
Was it straight steerer?
Cheapest I've seen the is on cycling deal for $350...
Looking to replace the old Recons on my DJ now that I've started progress off the pump track and onto bigger jumps.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Where did you find a new Expert for $280?
Was it straight steerer?
Cheapest I've seen the is on cycling deal for $350...
Looking to replace the old Recons on my DJ now that I've started progress off the pump track and onto bigger jumps.
Yeah was the 100mm, Straight steerer one off Cyclingdeal eBay with 15% off code.
Was actually $300 .. the discount wasn't updating when I changed from Comp to Expert in the dropdown selection.
Expired last night

Reactions: PJO

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Gotta lay off the butter!

I’m the most flexible I’ve ever been to be honest, but it’s core strength and weights that keeps it all together for me. I fall apart if I have a week off the gym.
Damn...a good mastur-cise routine will sort out those core muscles.

Butter for life.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm nice...I started looking at frames to build myself a DJ bike and then it occurred to me I should finish building the Dartmoor Primal 29 I recently bought. Just need derailleur, shifter, chain, dropper post and seat to be able to borrow the wheels off my Fuel EX and ride it.

Ultra Lord

Hmm nice...I started looking at frames to build myself a DJ bike and then it occurred to me I should finish building the Dartmoor Primal 29 I recently bought. Just need derailleur, shifter, chain, dropper post and seat to be able to borrow the wheels off my Fuel EX and ride it.
Lame.

Buy a dj bike

Ultra Lord

Damn right! Nobody ever had fun riding xc...dirt jumps however are fun whether you smash it out or crash it out. Plus we all know dj riders are totally drowning pussy....sigh. What an unbelievable lie that is.
Yeah, we don’t drown, we cum with snorkels