Thinking of getting a DH/Freeride bike...

_J_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,
I'm getting tired and bored of my hardtail and thinking of unloading it and getting a DH/Free ride bike. Im over jumps and want to get more into DH and urban/stair gaps. Not fully w00tcore DH but just some nice drops and north shore. I'm only a light rider and thinking of a '03 Stinky or... what do you recomend?
Price range: $0-1800
If anyone is interested I would be selling my '02 Scab... http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10567
:shock:

Malty

Likes Dirt
as good as stinkys are for freeriding and other things they aren't exactly the greatest downhill bike but are good none the less why don't you look at a second hand kona stab or similar , i know this because i have a stinky

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but stabs cost shit loads, stinkys (03) i have one, and its great for every thing, only thing i had to change was the spring, way to soft.

G

Psycodh said:
get a dmr or .243
_q_ said:
I'm getting tired and bored of my hardtail
read before you post shit, It's not overly difficult to read through a couple of posts so you know what the poster is looking for? And if on the SMALL chance you did read the whole thread your stupidness tells you to post up TWO hardtails frames which the poster is CLEARLY not looking for. Its not to hard to think before you go posting retarded shit like that

bazza

look at me
its physcodh man. you cant expect to much from him. but yeah save some $$$$ or buy 2nd hand. 4-5 grand should be enough to get yourself set up, so good luck man!

second hand, + i didn't see price, then i'd be going with specialized's p series or stinkys

[fuzzy] Is there someway we can remove the right to post?[/fuzzy]

bazza

look at me
tsk tsk tsk when will you learn physcodh......thats a very limited budget, keep your eye out on the forsale section for cheap stinkys. btw there is a vps 1 in townsville for around 2000, see the for sale section. give that a go! its a rad bike.

Sparkman

Likes Dirt
It looks like 2nd hand is the way to go. I'd go for a good value for money bike, like a Stinky or a Big Hit. You'll probably find one of those that was around $3k new goes for about $2k for last years model. The Big Hit should be better for DH, but the Stinky better for freeriding.

struggles

Likes Dirt
de grandis in geelong had an 02 stinky for $2000 about 2 weeks ago. You should be able to get it cheaper though.