Thredbo ANZAC weekend

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Anyone heading down? I might be there solo, so would be good to find some people to ride with.

Probably making a 4 day weekend out of it, and heading down from Sydney. Happy to carpool, I have room for 2 more bikes on my roof racks.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I'll be down there with a group of mates for a bucks.

Happy for you to ride with us or vice versa. Doing mostly flow but maybe a few DH runs.

Pretty pumped for it!!

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes

Happy for you to ride with us or vice versa. Doing mostly flow but maybe a few DH runs.

Pretty pumped for it!!
Awesome, sounds good. My plan for riding is pretty much the same - flow and a few DH. The new All Mountain track did not appeal to me at all.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome, sounds good. My plan for riding is pretty much the same - flow and a few DH. The new All Mountain track did not appeal to me at all.
Yep, I agree with you, didn't do anything for me. Although at some point I'll prob have to show my mates that haven't seen it yet.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Pretty pumped for it!!
Mate you gonna be around on Monday? I'm racing Sunday in Canberra but thinking I might close out the lift season with final day on the Monday. Be sweet if there was someone else down there to ride with.

Cheers Scott.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate you gonna be around on Monday? I'm racing Sunday in Canberra but thinking I might close out the lift season with final day on the Monday. Be sweet if there was someone else down there to ride with.

Cheers Scott.
Hey Scott!!
Do'h! We are heading back Monday morning. We were tossing up doing the canberra race but the chairlift called haha.
If you are in Thredbo Sunday evening we'll probably be watching the world cup DH somewhere and you'll be welcome to join us.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Scott!!
Do'h! We are heading back Monday morning. We were tossing up doing the canberra race but the chairlift called haha.
If you are in Thredbo Sunday evening we'll probably be watching the world cup DH somewhere and you'll be welcome to join us.
Bummer, won't make it down till Monday morning earliest. Enjoy the weekend mate.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bummer, won't make it down till Monday morning earliest. Enjoy the weekend mate.
Yeah, really pumped for it! Interested how to see how the Nomad goes compared to the Mach 6, weather looks ace too.

Good luck at Canberra too!

Anyone else hitting Thredbo up?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did everyone go?
Was nice to meet you EyeMacHunt, awesome bike too! Didn't see you again after that DH run, did you keep riding?
How you go Scotty? Monday looked nice and tacky :)

Weather was great across the weekend, a little muddy Friday arvo but then it just gripped up perfectly!

I broke my rear rim being a knob over a jump. And then decided to do a pedal strike and went OTB like a boss, but walked away un hurt and learnt my lesson. Got the A line in the woods after the big jump, I used to do it on my DH bike but since going to an Enduro bike I had shied from it, it had being playing on my mind to step up and get it done, so that was a good monkey to get off the back. Oh, and I got that step up jump too, makes it much faster :)
[video=youtube_share;9HZsyP47AHA]http://youtu.be/9HZsyP47AHA[/video]
Good times.

Last edited:

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did everyone go?
Was nice to meet you EyeMacHunt, awesome bike too! Didn't see you again after that DH run, did you keep riding?
How you go Scotty? Monday looked nice and tacky :)

Weather was great across the weekend, a little muddy Friday arvo but then it just gripped up perfectly!

I broke my rear rim being a knob over a jump. And then decided to do a pedal strike and went OTB like a boss, but walked away un hurt and learnt my lesson. Got the A line in the woods after the big jump, I used to do it on my DH bike but since going to an Enduro bike I had shied from it, it had being playing on my mind to step up and get it done, so that was a good monkey to get off the back. Oh, and I got that step up jump too, makes it much faster :)

Good times.
Hey mate didn't make it down. Had some derailleur issues after the race so I had to call it off which I'm bummed about. Especially because EMH said it was a pretty good few days prior.

EyeMacHunt how's you mate?

Cheers Scott.

slowmick

38-39"
How did everyone go?
...And then decided to do a pedal strike and went OTB like a boss, but walked away un hurt and learnt my lesson. ...

Good times.
my the world stops going by really quickly when you use a pedal as a brake. Glad you walked away unharmed :thumb:

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
Hey mate didn't make it down. Had some derailleur issues after the race so I had to call it off which I'm bummed about. Especially because EMH said it was a pretty good few days prior.

EyeMacHunt how's you mate?

Cheers Scott.
He's ok, thumb is pretty swollen. See you down there when it re-opens!

B Rabbit - good to meet you too, cheers for letting me tag along for a few runs. After I bailed I just went back to the apartment. My back was killing me (ongoing back issues).