Thredbo Cannonball 2017

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, the (IMO) best event of the year is just around the corner!

Who is going and what are you doing? Im booked in for the All mountain, flow and DH. Got a bit of Trek back to Bathurst so will have to see what time the DH run as to whether I'll do my race run or not.
Should be an awesome event, love that place!!

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I don't think that they'll top the early years when Captain Morgan was a naming rights sponsor and you could get those little Cannonballs of rum and dry for something like $2... I tend to agree that the event has lost it's underground vibe, remember kids bigger is not always better.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen for my 3rd cannonball.
Im entered flow, Am and dh. Going to make for a pretty fkn busy weekend! No time for drinking

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm there. Staying at the goose. I've paid for everything but will likely only do the Pump, the Flow the AM. Don't think I'll DH it this year but you never know.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking a little wet, hopefully it goes tacky and not mud fest (but that would still be fun)

We are heading down Thursday morning to get a full day practise in :)

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sure is looking moist! Still keen! Will need to stop at pushys and buy some cool weather riding gear by the looks!

I'll have a few new tyres if anyone is in need down there also, wide minions and some aggressors. Give me a holler if in need

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
I was down there on Friday, got a half days worth of runs in before they closed it due to the rain. Saturday and Sunday the trails were closed, they were pretty quick to make the call to make sure the trails didn't get trashed.

The rain did lay up on Sunday, so if they get a clear run of drier days there will be hero dirt a plenty!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome conditions yesterday!

All mountain was tough, although easier then last year.
Hoping today is tacky and not muddy...time will tell

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man, 1st dh run, terrifying, DH seeding run pretty good, 2 flow runs after the rain, absolute mud pit, and about the best fun I've had on a bike!!