Thredbo lifts and Thredbo Valley trail

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
We are booked to go to Thredbo next weekend .
I gather there was lots of rain yesterday and rain is predicted for the middle of this week .
Never having ridden either, at what stage is the lifted stuff at Thredbo closed , I would imagine it mostly runs off and what makes the National Parks close the valley trail ?
Thanks for your replies .

zooks

Likes Dirt
You'll love it! Friend was near by there on the weekend and said it was closed due to the rain.

From memory lifts are opened from 9:15 - 4pm or something like that. 3-4 different lifts to catch.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Hero condition tomorrow, I’m driving back down after Driving in Friday from sydney then drive home Saturday. It can handle rain the soil there, but it was just solid rain on the weekend. the BOM can’t get even close with their forecasts there atm. Only strong wind or heavy rain shuts the lifts

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
OK thanks so Thredbo lifts only needs 1-2 days after rain to be good like Falls then it is really grippy?

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had almost 100mm overnight. Lifted stuff was closed the next day then opened. TVT was closed for a few days. But you can ride Charlotte's pass to kosci, that's pretty fun