Thredbo summer rides

DJR

Likes Dirt
Thought I would start a watering hole thread for anyone that is going to Thredbo this summer and wants to let other Burners know.

Personally I am heading down on the 27th November and riding 28th/29th. DH, Flow and AM tracks on my Glory and Trance. Shout out if you are down that weekend and it'd be good to catch up. I'm heading down in a party of 4 of us in our mid-30s

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thredbo opening weekend. Arriving Friday 13th departing Monday evening 16th. Ride 2 1/2 days. 7 of us in the crew. Shredders to beginners. C'mon dudes get on it!!!!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We should have a rotorburn catch up/ meet or something, be good to put some forum names to ugly faces

australia day long weekend

A bunch of mates and I were down at Thredbo for the Australia day long weekend last year and have booked our rooms on the mountain for the 3 days of riding the great trails down the mountain and a few Kosciuszko pale ale's at the pub. Each apartment accommodates 6 people, so the costs are reasonable and good variety of meal choices depending on tastes and budgets.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone keen to ride Thredders 24/25 Nov???? I think I'll head down the evening of the 24th ride 25/26 and head home the evening of the 26th. Likely camping just down the road from Thredbo at the Ngarigo camp ground. The weather is looking pretty good for riding and certainly not the "ball soup" conditions of Sydney the last few days.

PM me if you are keen, cheers Scott.

thejdl

Squid
I'm planning on going down for a weekend. However I'm not a downhill rider, more cross country. Ride a trance 29er. I assume still worth going? Flow and all mountain look good as well. Any other non downhillers had fun?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm planning on going down for a weekend. However I'm not a downhill rider, more cross country. Ride a trance 29er. I assume still worth going? Flow and all mountain look good as well. Any other non downhillers had fun?
You'll have a ball. I only ride the downhill every now and then. I mostly ride the flow and AM and they are super fun. Get on it.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is everyone ready for Cannonball?
Hey all, day one was sick. The Dual compressor and Pump track went down and it was rad. Got some good track time and some footage of the loons on the dual compressor. A mate noted with this many people riding it the trail is changing from run to run which is very true. Today is the Flow motion and tonight the whip wars. If any RB'ers are round and want to catch up for a beer I'll be getting round with a camera and tripod filming the whips. I'll be the clown decked out in Pivot gear so keep an eye out and say hi. Otherwise I'll be at the pub.

Enjoy team and good luck!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey,
We're we talking about Mach 6's? I had the one with the inline

Ben

Hey all, day one was sick. The Dual compressor and Pump track went down and it was rad. Got some good track time and some footage of the loons on the dual compressor. A mate noted with this many people riding it the trail is changing from run to run which is very true. Today is the Flow motion and tonight the whip wars. If any RB'ers are round and want to catch up for a beer I'll be getting round with a camera and tripod filming the whips. I'll be the clown decked out in Pivot gear so keep an eye out and say hi. Otherwise I'll be at the pub.

Enjoy team and good luck!