Thredbo summer rides

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey,
We're we talking about Mach 6's? I had the one with the inline

Ben
Hey Ben, yep that was me with the other M6 same as yours. Like Kyle said what an awesome weekend. We've just been tossed out of the bar here at Thredders after a ridiculously fun weekend. Got some great riding and some great footage to be posted shortly.

Cheers all, Scott.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube_share;4aDrkO9Z8VU]http://youtu.be/4aDrkO9Z8VU[/video]

My DH run on the Mach 6. I'm not exactly fast or skilled, but I was happy with how I and the bike went.
Beat my previous time by 30 seconds.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Beans, spill, etc.
All was going well with practice runs for the Dual Compressor, railing berms and nailing lines seeding runs come around, good snap out of the gate, grassy left hander brush the pole... check, little drift around the tight right hander... check, inside-to-outside-to-inside pop over the next section ready to engage then suddenly I'm driving my left shoulder/face into the dust and trying to catch a breath like a mullet lying on the shore. Carted off on the spine board in the troopie to the med center where the x-rays reveal a weekend destroying grade 3 separation of the AC.

Not quite as good an effort as a mate who pulled over to take a slash on the way down to Thredbo, slipped and fell down a hill braking his hip in the process.

hazza6542

Eats Squid

My DH run on the Mach 6. I'm not exactly fast or skilled, but I was happy with how I and the bike went.
Thredbo is strange for choosing a bike, in some bits you'd have smashed a dh bike and others you need the big bike to keep flow. That was a pretty fast run on the six though, I've been looking at them for a while.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Nothing to be embarassed about man, good run!!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thredbo is strange for choosing a bike, in some bits you'd have smashed a dh bike and others you need the big bike to keep flow. That was a pretty fast run on the six though, I've been looking at them for a while.
I'm certain a DH bike would definitely be quicker down the Cannonball track, especially the fire road and really rough step sections, as good as the Mach 6 did it just didn't have the extra travel needed to smash through that stuff. And a couple of the a lines in the Forrest I used to do on the DH bike I didn't do on the Mach 6 as I didn't have the confidence, maybe next time I go down I'll hit them up on the shorter travel bike. But having said that down the bottom in the right berms I felt quicker on the Mach 6.

Nothing to be embarassed about man, good run!!
I was happy enough, although watching the video and I can see all the lines the faster guys would be taking so might try them next time.

Strength and fitness are really key for this track, it's so long and rough. I'll keep training and trying to improve my times.

Also, there were a few photographers across the weekend, has anyone seen any links to photos? I was hoping to get a few on the wall ride.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading down next weekend (23rd), riding either Saturday-Sunday or sunday-Monday, not sure yet.

Keen to give the all mountain trail a go as I didn't get a chance at the Cannonball. All mates are either a) busy or b) pussies so I'll be riding by myself which sucks, but it beats sitting at home playing with myself, just.

Anyone else heading down?

EyeMacHunt

Likes Bikes
I'm heading down next weekend (23rd), riding either Saturday-Sunday or sunday-Monday, not sure yet.

Keen to give the all mountain trail a go as I didn't get a chance at the Cannonball. All mates are either a) busy or b) pussies so I'll be riding by myself which sucks, but it beats sitting at home playing with myself, just.

Anyone else heading down?
will down there in a group of 10 or so. Feel free to join us. We are riding sat, sun and mon.

Look out for a bright red Norco Sight C 7.2

OZ weekend at thredbo

Had a great time riding the DH, Flow and All Mountain with 10 other mates last weekend. Did enjoy the new All Mountain but getting to the start of the trail sux.